We will be going to Orlando over our spring break (end of March) and are planning to do 3 days at Disney and 3 days at Universal. It will be me and DH, DS (10) and DD (almost 8). We have stayed on property at Universal, so we are good on that portion of the trip, but we usually stay at the Homewood Suites when we go to Disney because when the kids were younger, a separate sleeping space for them was a must, and we didn’t want to pay $$$ for a suite at Disney. This year we feel like they are old enough to be good in a room with us and want to stay on property at Disney.

Looking for a moderate level resort with convenient transportation to Magic Kingdom. We don’t really care about theming or pools. We are doing two days at Magic Kingdom and one at Hollywood Studios and will be in the parks for the majority of the day. I am hoping to avoid long lines for busses at the end of the night. I was considering Port Orleans FQ until I read the reviews about how thin the walls are and how noisy it is and how slow service is at the food court. Seems like it’s just old. So, hoping to stay somewhere newer but still convenient to MK. Would consider going up to deluxe if that’s what works best. TIA for any suggestions/direction!