Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    BDKmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Where to stay at WDW?

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    You could also just use Uber or Lyft vs the buses. Just get dropped off at Contemporary.
    If we do something like this and don’t worry about location, which resorts do you guys like? Where have your families stayed and what did you like/not like about it?
    DS - Feb 2010
    DD - May 2012

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by BDKmom View Post
    If we do something like this and don’t worry about location, which resorts do you guys like? Where have your families stayed and what did you like/not like about it?
    From your list, the Yacht Club and Boardwalk Inn are great. But I wouldn’t spend any extra money on them if you’re planning to spend all day in the parks. The Animal Kingdom I would rule out as it’s too far from MK and will either take a long time on the bus or cost a lot in an Uber. If they were all the exact same price I’d stay in the Yacht Club. Assuming some are a little more than others I’d do either Wilderness Lodge, POFQ, POR, or Old Key West.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We usually stay at the Boardwalk and love it! If you ask for 3rd floor or higher facing Epcot you can see the fireworks from your balcony. We loved this when the kids were little!
    Quick 15 minute walk to Hollywood Studios or you can take the friendship boats. If you see one just leaving from the Boardwalk, walk quickly over to Swan/Dolphin and hop on it there. The buses for Magic Kingdom have come fairly often when we’ve been there. The Animal Kingdom ones always seem to have a wait.
    If there’s a really long line for buses at the end of the day, we’ve walked over to the Contemporary and gotten Uber/Lyft/taxi back to the Boardwalk.

DS13 and I are going for a mom/son trip over April vacation and have decided on the Beach Club this time. We got a better price than the Boardwalk and he wants to try the pool/slide.

Mommy to my 2 sandy boys

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**If you live in the New England area and want to join the local Yahoo group for BBBers, please PM me for more info!**

WatchingThemGrow is online now Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Yeah, the yacht club/beach club pool is fun! All the deluxe pools are. If the moderates and deluxes are the same price, I’d choose deluxe every time and not worry about distance.

We usually choose POR for price, but have done Caribbean a little more lately. Hoping Boardwalk next time. Our trips are short though, since we are passing through. I would only worry about MK proximity if you have a stroller and are doing naps midday.

We love Boardwalk and yacht club. Being able to walk to 2 parks if you want is so nice. You can see the epcot fireworks from just past the little bridge before you enter epcot, too. We do not like AK. I haven't stayed at any others, but we initially booked a PO-FQ room when we couldn't get our preferred Boardwalk (one eventually opened up) so that was top on my moderate list.

Quote Originally Posted by nfceagles View Post
    There are some great deluxe hotels on that list, but only one is convenient to MK and that’s the Wilderness Lodge one. There’s the ferry to and from MK in addition to the bus. And you could monorail or walk to CR if you preferred and the. Hop the ferry from there. Not that that’s a great option but it’s an alternative if the bus lines are crazy.

Another vote for Wilderness Lodge. That resort runs a closed loop bus to MK and doesn’t share with any other resorts, so it’s generally a short wait and short ride.

BDKmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We booked Boardwalk Inn. Thanks for all the input and suggestions. It certainly helped me think things through!
    DS - Feb 2010
    DD - May 2012

Quote Originally Posted by BDKmom View Post
    We booked Boardwalk Inn. Thanks for all the input and suggestions. It certainly helped me think things through!
    You will love it there!! Have a magical trip!

Mommy to my 2 sandy boys

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**If you live in the New England area and want to join the local Yahoo group for BBBers, please PM me for more info!**

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Not official Disney but what about Swan or Dolphin? Cheaper than the nearby deluxes and the location is so awesome! Good hotels to boot. I can't pay Disney prices when I can get a better hotel for the money in a great location.
    Yes to the above (although we have never been to Dinseyworld) then why not just continue to stay at The Homewood Suites? What about the Wyndham Bonnet Creek? If you aren’t into the amenities at the resort then why pay the extra? If you are going to be gone 90% of the time at the parks and only have two days then I would definitely consider off site and splurge elsewhere in the parks on other stuff like fast passes and the photo pass.

Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    Yes to the above (although we have never been to Dinseyworld) then why not just continue to stay at The Homewood Suites? What about the Wyndham Bonnet Creek? If you aren’t into the amenities at the resort then why pay the extra? If you are going to be gone 90% of the time at the parks and only have two days then I would definitely consider off site and splurge elsewhere in the parks on other stuff like fast passes and the photo pass.

WDW is a whole different animal than DL. Onsite really isn’t that needed at DL but they definitely dangle some good carrots for onsite (or official hotels like Swan, Dolphin and the Disney Springs ones). You can’t buy fast passes at WDW unlike Max Pass. Mostly people pay for proximity to parks, airport transportation and the ability to book fast passes 60 days ahead vs 30 (which is what offsite people get).

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast