Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Anyone on here been on Rise of the Resistance in DisneyLAND yet?

DH is going next month. We understand that there is no guarantee to get on the ride EVEN IF YOU GET THERE AN HOUR BEFORE OPENING (in contrast to WDW where as long you’re there at 7:00 you’re good...)

Wondered if anyone had any experience?

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Have you checked the Trip Advisor Anaheim forum or DisBoards? I saw someone's Orlando experience- they had to scan into the park before they could try for the ride so that meant being through the turnstile before opening. And reservations were gone within one minute. So, see what tips you see at DL.

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Yes, there’s a thread there. I got great info on the WDW one. We got to the lines to scan in at 6:20something and made it in the 3 minute window to get a boarding group. That was crazy. We were in the crowd (obviously) and wanted just under 2 hours to ride slinky dog dash at the 7am opening. Insane. We took a hotel break at 9am.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tenasparkl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

No, but a friend went the first two days it was open and got on both days. She said the park opened at 8 and they were inside waiting both days well before that. Rise boarding groups were full for the day by 8:01. 'll try to find her post that listed tips (I know she said not to use the WiFi and to restart the app about ten minutes before passes were available). It sounds incredible! I've got to figure out the right day to go.

OK. I'll check out the boards. I found that they weren't too active a few years ago (compared to the DisneyWorld boards!) but I'll give it another try!

Tenasparkl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

DH and DSs were there today. Despite arriving 2 hours prior to park opening they were only able to get into “backup group 92” and probably won’t ride today. I’m waiting to hear. I think it’s kind of crazy!

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    DH and DSs were there today. Despite arriving 2 hours prior to park opening they were only able to get into “backup group 92” and probably won’t ride today. I’m waiting to hear. I think it’s kind of crazy!
    Wow, that sucks! We were planning to go next Fri on Valentine's Day and my kids only care about going to Star Wars land! We're not crazy hardcore Disney fans and I much prefer smaller more mellow parks like Legoland and Universal, but we won 4 hopper passes from DS2's school last year.

Sent from my SM-A600P using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Wait! They did get on! They didn’t think they would!! Said it was amazing. I was premature. So we get in for free and I shouldn’t complain but if I was paying full price I’d really, really want to be sure I got a boarding group! I don’t have the full story (just getting texts here and there) but I’ll share what problems they may have run into getting a regular slot in case it helps someone. I don’t think today was supposed to be especially crowded so the fact they barely squeaked on is worrisome to me. We’re going with four friends next week and I’ll report back if we’re successful too!

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    Wait! They did get on! They didn’t think they would!! Said it was amazing. I was premature. So we get in for free and I shouldn’t complain but if I was paying full price I’d really, really want to be sure I got a boarding group! I don’t have the full story (just getting texts here and there) but I’ll share what problems they may have run into getting a regular slot in case it helps someone. I don’t think today was supposed to be especially crowded so the fact they barely squeaked on is worrisome to me. We’re going with four friends next week and I’ll report back if we’re successful too!
    If it's anything like in WDW, get there up to an hour before opening, just to make sure. 3 minutes is all it took for the ride to be full the day we were there. 7:03 AM crazy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast