Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    petesgirl is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MSWR0319 View Post
    I have Raynaud's and this was my first thought as well!

If you're open to trying SSRI's again, have you tried Celexa? I was on that for awhile and felt it really helped with minimal side effects if any. I was on one years ago in college and didn't like that one at all, but I felt this one was good.
    My functional medicine doctor mentioned that I might have Raynaud's as well, but I don't know much about it. Are their lab tests or something to diagnose it and is there any treatment?
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by petesgirl View Post
    My functional medicine doctor mentioned that I might have Raynaud's as well, but I don't know much about it. Are their lab tests or something to diagnose it and is there any treatment?
    There are no lab tests that I know of but I haven't discussed it with a doctor in years. My sister has it also, as well as my aunt and cousins (but my aunt is not blood related so it's kinda weird that so many have it in the same family). Mine is mild for the most part so the only treatment is to warm up when I start getting symptoms or stay warm. Wear gloves when you get things out of the freezer, things like that. I believe there is a blood pressure medicine you can take if your blood pressure is not too low if your symptoms are causing issues. There's also a cream and maybe something else. I get it in my fingers and toes, but I've also found sometimes my nose gets too cold and then it makes my face start to tingle. I have similar issues with my arms at times, but it's pretty rare for that to happen (usually if I'm at an outside sporting event). My fingers and toes fully turn white and then have to go through the process of warming up. I walk around my house with slippers and a bathrobe on almost all of the time to keep myself warm.

Some other prevention tips are no caffeine and smoking, and avoiding any type of medicine that makes your blood tighten.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

My dad has Reynauds (it isn’t nearly common in men) and his worst symptoms are when it is cold and his main symptoms are in his feet and hands. His joints get achy but once his body temp gets adjusted and he starts wearing warm socks or mittens the symptoms go away. He developed it in his mid to late forties IIRC (he is 69 now).

Have you been tested for Lyme disease? The symptoms of Lyme, and Fibromyalgia seem to be very similar (at least I remember thinking so when Melbel was explaining her and her son’s diagnosis). I think I would do this because you live in a somewhat tropical and humid climate year round.

I would definitely talk to your doctor about your symptoms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Quote Originally Posted by Melaine View Post
    I have been on them a handful of times but have had mixed experiences. Never really felt like the minimal relief I felt was worth the side effects. When I did have relief, it would taper off after a few months, leaving just the weight gain.

I am definitely ready to try again I just think I need a different med.
    Did you do therapy in conjunction with meds? The meds make it so your baseline thinking is clearer. But without therapy to correct thinking patterns you don't really move forward. I always say--meds get your head above water, therapy teaches you how to swim to the edge and get out.
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by StantonHyde View Post
    Did you do therapy in conjunction with meds? The meds make it so your baseline thinking is clearer. But without therapy to correct thinking patterns you don't really move forward. I always say--meds get your head above water, therapy teaches you how to swim to the edge and get out.
    No I haven't done them together, just either/or and not sure I had a great fit as a therapist or a good fit with meds either. Good point.

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    My dad has Reynauds (it isn’t nearly common in men) and his worst symptoms are when it is cold and his main symptoms are in his feet and hands. His joints get achy but once his body temp gets adjusted and he starts wearing warm socks or mittens the symptoms go away. He developed it in his mid to late forties IIRC (he is 69 now).

Have you been tested for Lyme disease? The symptoms of Lyme, and Fibromyalgia seem to be very similar (at least I remember thinking so when Melbel was explaining her and her son’s diagnosis). I think I would do this because you live in a somewhat tropical and humid climate year round.

I would definitely talk to your doctor about your symptoms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes there is a lot of overlap. Lyme's is definitely still a possibility. The first screening test they had me do tested for mold exposure, so now we are looking into that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2