Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Tenasparkl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I haven’t been able to shake this all day. I moved to LA in 96 and immediately got caught up in the magic that was the Lakers. It’s just so sad. Everywhere we went today in LA people were talking about him. The city really is in mourning.

dogmom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I’m very sad for all the victims, particularly such young ones. I am also slightly troubled by the glossing over of the rape accusations and hoping it doesn’t bring up too much trauma for that woman.
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/kobe-b...alf-confession

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
    I’m very sad for all the victims, particularly such young ones. I am also slightly troubled by the glossing over of the rape accusations and hoping it doesn’t bring up too much trauma for that woman.
    I thought of this as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Same. My friend's daughter who's been raped twice posted something to this on her FB page about this, and the comments from people who don't know her history were vile. I personally wouldn't have posted something on my wall, but I haven't been raped twice, so who am I to say?

That said, I'm sad for L.A., I know how much people loved him and the Lakers of that time. And his poor wife and daughters. ABC had an erroneous report that all four of his daughters were onboard, and when I heard that I just couldn't imagine how his wife would go on living.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

dogmom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    Same. My friend's daughter who's been raped twice posted something to this on her FB page about this, and the comments from people who don't know her history were vile. I personally wouldn't have posted something on my wall, but I haven't been raped twice, so who am I to say?

That said, I'm sad for L.A., I know how much people loved him and the Lakers of that time. And his poor wife and daughters. ABC had an erroneous report that all four of his daughters were onboard, and when I heard that I just couldn't imagine how his wife would go on living.
    Yes. I think it’s just sad on so many fronts. Koby Bryant could have committed that crime and still din all the positive things he is crusted for and been a loving father. He could even have changed and never done something like that ever again. We get so hung up on punishing people and making them monsters it’s all either/or, they can’t be both. I went back and reviewed the case because I was doubted that the story I remembered was Koby Bryant. It’s sort of brutal to review the story from the point of public reaction. It’s not like I would go up to the family at the graveside and bring it up, but I don’t want to completely ignore it. And I can’t imagine what it’s like for the accuser to hear everyone talk about how wonderful he was.

On the weird side apparently at least one segment of the population in Britain gets confused about basketball. The BBC said at one point it was Lebron James. One tall black dude must look like all the other talk black dudes to them.

This obituary in Esquire really expresses a lot of what I'm feeling about Kobe's death. https://www.esquire.com/news-politic...CihlIkV8VJFsf8
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

On the weird side apparently at least one segment of the population in Britain gets confused about basketball. The BBC said at one point it was Lebron James. One tall black dude must look like all the other talk black dudes to them.
    Oh my gosh!
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

One report said some of the families learned through TMZ that released the report before the families were notified
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    This obituary in Esquire really expresses a lot of what I'm feeling about Kobe's death. https://www.esquire.com/news-politic...CihlIkV8VJFsf8
    A friend of mine wrote a similar type story for Essence, relating him to the flawed mythical Greek gods: https://www.essence.com/feature/kobe...FW0OS6wkM2PQ7o
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by JBaxter View Post
    One report said some of the families learned through TMZ that released the report before the families were notified
    They very easily could have. I heard the news at noon as I was driving my dh to urgent care on the country music station on Sirius of all places. It has made the news less than an hour earlier.

The baseball coach from Orange Coast College, his wife and daughter, another coach from Kobe’s sports academy, and another player and her mother also died.

Local reports are saying this AM that LA City police helicopters had been grounded due to fog, but Kobe’s chopper was given clearance after circling around Burbank. I live about an hour south of the crash site and clouds didn’t clear even in my area until around 2.

The LA Times has free coverage today and KEarth 101 devoted their morning show to Kobe as well.

So sad for everyone involved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast