Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Another one with my first born who will be 17 this year (and my youngest is almost 14). This board has been an eye opener for me, and I've learned about so many different things, related to kids, health, education etc. While I am often a bit of an outlier in that I have much more liberal views and relaxed parenting than some, and financially am nowhere near where most on this board are, but I still find it very welcoming and helpful. Instead of baby and pregnancy it seems the discussion is now college, and menopause!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    Instead of baby and pregnancy it seems the discussion is now college, and menopause!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Yes, there are way more menopause questions than baby questions and questions about our kids going through puberty
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Well, I have an 18-month-old, so definitely still in the baby/toddler phase with this DC. Still using our original Bob stroller that the BBB book helped us decide on back when I was expecting my first in 2009 and joined the board.

I remember lots of information that I gleaned from here back then and it has been useful in parenting and shopping for all my children, but I also appreciate the current discussions on issues that we might be facing soon.
    Last edited by sweet_pea; 01-28-2020 at 11:40 PM. Reason: clarification

My youngest is 10.5. I think I've been here since my oldest was young (he's 19 now). I don't come here as much these days, but still love this space! It's meant a lot to me through the years. I love the anonymity (which leads to much more honesty and vulnerability, I think) and the array of geographic regions, life experiences, beliefs, etc represented here.

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Nope! My youngest is 11. I've been here since a little before DS1 was born, so about 16 years.

I agree about FB too. We have a great local mom group that does a lot of great things for our community and is a good place to ask general questions about all things local, vacations, etc. And I do use it for that. But, I like coming here and getting ideas from people who don't live in my small town! I appreciate the variety of ideas here. And there are some things I don't want to ask in group where I know so many of them and see them all the time.

I do go to College Confidential these days. Maybe we need a little college board here too.
    Kris

melrose7 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I think I’ve been hear since 2003 when I was looking for a new car seat for the family I was nannying for. Family wanted something cheap but safe so I did the research for them and bought one. Then I stayed on when I had my own kids starting in 2005. I continue to use/learn from the boards for my own kids and all my littles at home as I run an in home daycare. I get my baby fix in and I still get to sleep through the night. I love it!

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

LOL my oldest is 28 my baby is 11 I think I started here looking for cloth diapers for my 16 yr old who had wicked rashes from disposables. I'm 52 ( almost 53) and look forward to grandbabies as soon as my oldest finishes his doctoral program and gets married. Oh maybe my 25 yr old will beat him to it he graduates from PA school in August.
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by KrisM View Post
    I do go to College Confidential these days. Maybe we need a little college board here too.
    Yes, i would love a college board. The fields should do a college book! I’m only half kidding… Why not? It’s a huge industry.
    College confidential is a bit nuts, but if you keep that in mind it’s a good resource.
    I like grown and flown parents, but I hate that it’s on FB so I never post there as it’s attached to my name and profile.
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

gatorsmom is online now Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    Yes, i would love a college board. The fields should do a college book! I’m only half kidding… Why not? It’s a huge industry.
    College confidential is a bit nuts, but if you keep that in mind it’s a good resource.
    I like grown and flown parents, but I hate that it’s on FB so I never post there as it’s attached to my name and profile.
    I would love a college board too. I’ve posted before about our high school. I love that it is small and the education is highly focused for each kid. That has worked well with my 2 kids that have learning disabilities. The drawback is that there is no career or vocations counselor. Kids are on there own. Which means us parents work with our kids to figure out their next steps. It’s fine but of course, I don’t have access to the resources that a big, well-connected high school does. So a college board would be really helpful for me too.

Kris, thanks for mentioning college confidential. Look for me there with the username shinystuffbuff!
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Does it count if my GYN told me at 49.5 yo appt last week that I was ovulating?

I’m concerned that one day we will wake up and the board will be gone? Like gymbofriends, which I read occasionally, it just went poof.

The valuable insight, wisdom, camaraderie, and kindness of the moms here has been so much a part of my parent-life. I’m not on any BBB FB group (is there one?) and there would be a big whole in my life if y’all weren’t there. You’re like friends who have your attitudes in check, make no annoying comments, offer up thoughtfulness all the time. I would so much love to keep meeting up with you all, and being able to support one another as life happens.

*if the unthinkable happened, where would we find one another??*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast