Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Myira is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Is anyone still having babies here?

I joined more than 11 years ago when pregnant with DD after a colleague mentioned the Fields book to me and I bought and read it! I was so new to everything and this board guided me through everything the first time as well as 3 years later when DS came along! We won’t have any more babies but parenting won’t ever end will it, no matter your kids are teenagers or grown adults! I suppose you are just dealing with different set of challenges!

I closed my Facebook account 3 years ago and have no wish of ever going back. I’m an introvert through and through and social media is just not my thing.

It been years since we have had a baby/birthregnancy related question now on this board. Even if someone needs answers I guess they can search and find them so not feel the need to post! 11 years ago or more all this information was not that easily available, there weren’t social media platforms yet!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    DD 10/2008
    DS 09/2011

PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

No more babies at my house, that's for sure! I'm 48! I started coming here after reading the book when pregnant with my almost 16 year old, but I first started posting when DS2 was a baby (he's now 11). I'm not on Facebook- I was for a while but I really did not like being on it so I stopped about 5 years ago. I know the traffic on BBB is really light and I wonder when/if it will just peter out, but I'm just not ready to quit this place!

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Baby Bargains mobile app

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by NCGrandma View Post
    Hey, you may have just figured out where Trump's Twitter "style" comes from!

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains
    Could be lol
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

No more babies. I am one and done. He just turned 10 last month! I stumbled on the board about 9.5 years ago when I did a google search for "best travel stroller." I ended up here and bought the Maclaren Triumph as a result.

I don't mind Facebook, but i don't think it's set up very well for conversations. I remember probably a decade ago when FB actually had a message board type component. There was a super active one for Bath and Body Works. And then they dumped it and you had to comment on the actual wall. I cut down posting immediately because I didn't necessarily want the whole world to know what I thought about the Winter candle. lol

As for this board, I wasn't here in the heyday. And it's definitely smaller than it used to be. But to me, it's still fairly busy. I was once on a huge pay board that had hundreds of members. Around 2010, it basically died. Even when they ditched the fee that people had been willingly to pay for several years, it never regained a tenth of what it had been.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

lovin2shop is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Another mom to a 17 year old here, so I certainly hope not!!! Love this board, sometimes get so busy that I don't check in as often, and I'm always relieved to see that people are still here!

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Is anyone still having babies here?

We were done after Dd2. I did however sort of pray for another oopsie in the 6 months to a year after DHs vasectomy when Dd2 was 3 months old, but deep down DH and I knew we couldn’t take another loss due to a chromosome disorder after we lost baby 2 so after DD2 (pregnancy 3) we decided we were done. If we had not lost baby 2 we both said we easily could’ve had 3-4 kids total.

I joined the BBB in January, 2006 after I started my baby registry. I didn’t post much until I was pregnant with baby 2 in early 2009 and this community got me through my loss with baby 2.

I also read the Bridal Bargains book in 2001-2002 but I don’t remember the forums ever being as active as the baby forum.

Prior to the BBB I was very involved in online group related to makeup so posting online was already second nature to me. That group has now eveolved into a secret FB group and I still really enjoy the friendships gained from that group.

I am FB friends with ladies from this group as well and have probably met about 5-6 IRL and have met about 10-15 from the other group and one is a good friend now and thankfully we have the same college Alma mater and overlapping major interests from college so it is easy to tell people that we met in college even though we didn’t meet until about 18 months post college on a beauty message board.!

My girls are almost 14, and 10 and my dh and I have been married for 17 years next month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Liziz View Post

I have to say I'm sad about how everything seems to be in Facebook now. I'm just not completely comfortable with Facebook. I'm super private and I really hate how my name is tied to everything there. And not because I say anything terrible, of course! I barely am comfortable commenting on friends' posts and things like that -- I just can't get behind general Facebook groups as I place to go for advice, etc.
    While I'm a member of an OK parenting group (Slate's Mom & Dad Are Fighting listeners' group), I feel a lot more comfortable asking you all for advice with thorny problems or talking me off the ledge when I have a crisis of confidence or other kind of freakout.

It's really not because I'm not using my name here, but rather it's because I've been here for almost 11 years!
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

umsh is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Well I may be the exception...I’ve been here for 12 years (first as a lurker, then as an infrequent poster) but also just had a baby last year. Big age gap . I love this board even though I don’t post often. Love all the conversations and advice and genuine good feeling here. I joined several FB groups in the last year due to some specific issues with baby, and they’ve been very helpful, but they don’t in any way feel like the community I feel we have here. I hope this board isn’t going anywhere!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anonomom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We're all done; my youngest is 8. But I agree with y'all that this board is such a valuable community. I do a lot on FB, but there are things I would never, ever share without the relative anonymity of this board. I appreciate the wealth of experience here -- any time I'm facing an issue, it's a pretty good bet someone on here has faced it too.
    DC1 -- 2005 DD -- 2009 DS -- 2011

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by umsh View Post
    ... Love all the conversations and advice and genuine good feeling here. I joined several FB groups... and they’ve been very helpful, but they don’t in any way feel like the community I feel we have here. I hope this board isn’t going anywhere!
    I feel like, even if I don't know a poster's real name/location, I can consider folks here to be my friends. (And I don't use the word "friend" lightly, by the way.)

That's really valuable for me because I have so much trouble getting out and connecting with people in real life, but here ... the ice is already broken and you all "know" me and how I react to situations, so you give better advice even without your really being in my living room or on a bench in the park while our kids play. It's home.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast