Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by gatorsmom View Post
    I think all of us, every one of us is trying to do the best we can (that definition is different for everyone) with the flawed tools we have been given. We are all struggling with something no matter how glossy our Instagram photos look.

This is where my Christian faith comes in and would be a good motto for society, “treat others the way you would want to be treated.” I personally would want people to forgive my flaws, blunders and mistakes and look at the little bit of good I’ve done. I am doing my best to do that for other people.
    I agree. I think it's a great conversation about redemption. Can a person make a mistake (even a grave one) and redeem themselves?

In Kobe's case, I do wonder if being the father to 4 girls had an impact on how he thought about his actions/choices with the woman in Colorado.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by carolinacool View Post
    Chris Brown is another one. In that case, we saw what he did to Rhianna. There was no "he said, she said" about it. And he got canceled with the quickness. But then, about a year later, she's on a track with him again and you're like "what?" That kind of made it OK to begin sort of "uncanceling" him. Sure, he's not going to be on any mainstream magazine covers and the burgeoning pop career he had in 2009 is dead in the water, but he is everywhere on R&B and hip-hop stations. I was pregnant with my 10-year-old when the assault happened. He knows nothing about "that" Chris Brown. He just knows his songs. Complicated.
    Chris Brown’s appearance on Sesame Street was my fav SS musician appearance of all time!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

robinsmommy is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

For me, it depends somewhat on the flaw/misdeed - some mistakes one can learn from and be a better person down the line - others I have a hard time forgiving and enjoying the memory or art associated with the person accused. I don't listen to Michael Jackson, or watch Woody Allen or Roman Polanski films anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by gatorsmom View Post
    I think all of us, every one of us is trying to do the best we can (that definition is different for everyone) with the flawed tools we have been given. We are all struggling with something no matter how glossy our Instagram photos look.

This is where my Christian faith comes in and would be a good motto for society, “treat others the way you would want to be treated.” I personally would want people to forgive my flaws, blunders and mistakes and look at the little bit of good I’ve done. I am doing my best to do that for other people.

I’m as unreligious as one can be, but I agree with this entirely.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2