Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Alternative to Nature's Miracle?

Posting here for traffic - calling all pet owners who use Nature's Miracle! The giant gallon jug that has lasted us for a few years is sadly all used up now. I went on Amazon to order another and was horrified to learn that apparently they have updated the formula to add a FRAGRANCE, and there are plenty of reviews from people saying how horrible and strong the fragrance is and why didn't they stick to the original formula that had no scent? (The original formula smelled mildly of alcohol but that is it and I appreciated how completely scent-free it was!). As a family who is very sensitive to fragrances, I can't use the new Nature's Miracle (and it really kind of makes me angry - the original formula was PERFECT. I just don't understand why they had to add a scent!!!).

Is there a comparable enzyme-based cleaner that works just as well, with no scent???

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

There are so many versions of Nature’s Miracle now. I usually buy at Target or PetSmart and it has been a while since I bought since our cat died and we don’t use it as often. I did notice on Amazon that there are some sellers selling the original version. Adding scent drives me insane too. There are a lot of other products now but I have not tried any of them. If you have a PetSmart close by they may be able to guide you.

I thought I was just nuts! When we got our puppy 2 years ago everyone recommended nature's miracle for her accidents and said it was scent free. I sniffed it at the store and it REEKED like a combo of that wintergreen school vomit absorbant and some odd chemical-floral scent. I couldn't figure out why these people were claiming it was non scented.

I have no idea how well it would have worked because I wouldn't buy it. We used Bac Out, which has a mild citrusy scent, or Folex carpet stain remover, which is unscented but not sure if it's enzyme or not? Luckily we didn't have to use often.

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I haven't used it personally since we haven't had a cat in years but on the slightly bonkers cleaning FB group I'm on Kids & Pets is recommended highly and it's fragrance free I think.

Gracemom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We use BISSELL Woolite InstaClean Pet stain remover. It works by far better than any other cleaner I've used. It has a mild scent. I'm very sensitive to scents and it doesn't bother me at all. I get it on Amazon.

gamma is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We use this, not based on scent, but it just works so much better than Nature’s Miracle.
    Biokleen Bac-Out Enzyme Stain Remover - 32 Ounce - Natural Foam Spray, Destroys Stains & Odors Safely, for Pet Stains, Laundry, Diapers, Wine, Carpets, Eco-Friendly, Non-Toxic, Plant-Based https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005P0UYDS..._IzCoEbG8P036C

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

simple solution works pretty well. I had no idea that NM had now only scent added formulas.
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

Smillow is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

This! I love Bac-out!
    Quote Originally Posted by gamma View Post
    We use this, not based on scent, but it just works so much better than Nature’s Miracle.
    Biokleen Bac-Out Enzyme Stain Remover - 32 Ounce - Natural Foam Spray, Destroys Stains & Odors Safely, for Pet Stains, Laundry, Diapers, Wine, Carpets, Eco-Friendly, Non-Toxic, Plant-Based https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005P0UYDS..._IzCoEbG8P036C
    DS 2/09

Quote Originally Posted by gamma View Post
    I can't believe I forgot about the greatness of Bac-Out. I used it all the time during our cloth diapering years. Just ordered a bottle - thanks for reminding me about it.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Hmmm I tried to use BioKleen Bac-Out back in my cloth diapering years too but I remember that the lime smell bothered me. Maybe I will order a small bottle to try again. Seriously I just hate that fragrances are added at all

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast