Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    umsh is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I too hate fragrances and am very sensitive to them, but I’ve always used Bac Out without issue. Maybe the scent fades fast? I can’t remember bc I haven’t needed for a long time, but I’ve always been happy with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Ive never had a natures miracle that was scent free. They all have had some scent The last bottle was lavender & something the new bottle is melon blast which has a slight tropical scent. Nothing over powering
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

The fragrance is nasty, so nasty that my husband found a different alternative. Rocco & Roxie Professional Stain and Odor Eliminator is what we are using now. I LOVE it! It has a scent, but it isn't a gross floral scent like natures miracle. It is more of a low-key herbal scent and the smell goes away within 48 hrs. The nature's miracle scent lasts forver and I've mentally associated it with dog pee... so IDK what we are going to do with our leftover nature's miracle, maybe we'll donate it.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by JBaxter View Post
    Ive never had a natures miracle that was scent free. They all have had some scent The last bottle was lavender & something the new bottle is melon blast which has a slight tropical scent. Nothing over powering
    You're right, I just looked at our bottle of the original Nature's Miracle formula and it does have Citral on the ingredient list. It was SUCH a subtle fragrance though, almost no fragrance at all. The new formula appears to have both "Citral" (or "natural citrus scent" depending on where you look) and "Fragrance" in their basic formula, as well as the flavors you mention in other formulas. Such a bummer, that fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
    The fragrance is nasty, so nasty that my husband found a different alternative. Rocco & Roxie Professional Stain and Odor Eliminator is what we are using now. I LOVE it! It has a scent, but it isn't a gross floral scent like natures miracle. It is more of a low-key herbal scent and the smell goes away within 48 hrs. The nature's miracle scent lasts forver and I've mentally associated it with dog pee... so IDK what we are going to do with our leftover nature's miracle, maybe we'll donate it.
    So I bought 2 things to try: MisterMax Anti Icky Poo (comes in unscented which is what I got) and the Rocco & Roxie one. Both came in the same Amazon box, with Rocco & Roxie wrapped in additional plastic. I could smell the Rocco & Roxie through the plastic, so I was initially really disappointed. I used MisterMax on a fairly fresh vomit spot on the rug - worked well, and is really scent free. Yay! The dog vomited again this morning, so I tried the Rocco & Roxie. I still don't like that it has a scent, but you are right that it's not too gross of a scent, though to me it's still really strong. Reminds me of opening up a package of spearmint Lifesaver mints and stuffing your nose straight into the bag. But, the fragrance didn't seem to linger more than an hour or so, though to be fair I was cleaning up a hard surface. I'll probably keep a spray bottle of Rocco & Roxie on hand for smaller hard surface messes, and get the jug of MisterMax for bigger carpet messes where I don't want to be overpowered by spearmint. Scent-free is still the best for me!

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Yes, the Rocco & Roxie definitely has a scent, but I am just glad that it seems to go away within 12 hrs. Nature's Miracle just lingers. My bil decided he didn't want his dog, which he gave to us, who he never properly potty trained and it's a breed that is infamously difficult to housetrain. So, it's been over a year, and we still deal accidents, but more of #2, not #1. However, the dog ruined our carpet peeing in the living room (which is now gated up so only humans can go there, my dog who is very well housetrained is disgruntled that he has been lumped into not being allowed to go in there. Bil swore up and down that he was housetrained and by the time we figured it out he had peed over at least a third of the living room floor. I may have my husband try the R&R in the living room where the dog had peed the most at when we first got him. I'll try the MisterMax next time I need to re-order, thanks for the side to side review.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

Staraglimmer is offline Bargain Alerts forum moderator

Bac out is good.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    Stephanie

Mommy to two little girls,
    April 2008
    June 2012

and a baby boy
    Oct 2018

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2