Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default One piece swimsuits for bigger boys?

DS has outgrown his last one-piece rashguard swimsuit and really wants another. The problem is he is now bigger than many companies seem to make this style. He's almost 7, tall and very slender. He'd probably need an 8 minimum, larger if they tend to run small. Anyone have any leads? Our favorite of all time was this one from boden, but even boden only seems to make this style through little boys.
    449db2b7dd6c96ee896012b308f186de.jpg

Something with an all-over print is preferable as DH kind of objects to these as being "too revealing" but I think DS has some sensory issues which lead to him preferring this over trunks and a shirt.
    momma to DD 12/08 & DS 3/13

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Look at swimoutlet.com for thermal swimsuits. Not sure if they will have prints but they will have larger sizes.

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Would something like this work? https://www.coolibar.com/kids-baby/b...-upf-50-m.html I haven't tried this but have a rashguard from the brand.

Quote Originally Posted by mmsmom View Post
    Look at swimoutlet.com for thermal swimsuits. Not sure if they will have prints but they will have larger sizes.
    I looked at the sunsuits and one piece rashguards on swimoutlet. I was looking for something that is all swimsuit material. He has a shorty wetsuit that he wears in cool water but I do think it keeps his arms from extending 100%. Are the sporti thermal suits flexible enough to not interfere with swimming technique?

Quote Originally Posted by mikala View Post
    Would something like this work? https://www.coolibar.com/kids-baby/b...-upf-50-m.html I haven't tried this but have a rashguard from the brand.
    We had one from this company when he was really little. I wish they had more color options but maybe I'll keep an eye on it over the next month or two and see if they add more as we get into a more traditional swim season. They do make nice suits.

petesgirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I'm giggling a little at your DH's comment about it being too revealing. It reminds of when I was younger and my mom bought family tickets to a ballet and my dad just huffed the whole time and couldn't get past the guys in leotards.
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

What about trying jammers and rash guard top? I don’t understand how a one piece can be comfortable for an older boy. Peeing looks more challenging that with two piece option. Plus a loose fitting full body suit would make it harder to swim.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Mommy_Mea is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Boden has two piece bathing suits that are all rash guard material in larger sizes, would those work? Or does he not like the elastic at the waist?
    DS1 June 2009
    DS2 June 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Mommy_Mea View Post
    Boden has two piece bathing suits that are all rash guard material in larger sizes, would those work? Or does he not like the elastic at the waist?
    He seems to live in fear of his pants falling off. When he wears a two piece he makes me tie it so tight that I'm afraid the drawstring will cut him in half. And he still pulls at it and complains it's too loose. I think he likes the one piece better because he knows it can't fall down. The waist is the only place that he's exceedingly picky about cloths being tight, but he's ridiculous about how tight he expects his clothes to be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Snow mom View Post
    He seems to live in fear of his pants falling off. When he wears a two piece he makes me tie it so tight that I'm afraid the drawstring will cut him in half. And he still pulls at it and complains it's too loose. I think he likes the one piece better because he knows it can't fall down. The waist is the only place that he's exceedingly picky about cloths being tight, but he's ridiculous about how tight he expects his clothes to be there.
    Try jammers. They are tight and won’t fall off.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast