Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I have them and after 2-3 days I didn't notice them at all (in a good way). I have worn glasses my entire life
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

trales is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I have them and really like them. It took about 2 weeks for me to get used to. I LOVE that I can look out in the lecture hall and see everyones faces and still read my lecture notes. Computer work is great with them. Microscope not so much. I am really glad I went for them, did it about 2 years ago.
    Tracey

DD1 3/07 Itching to take over the universe.
    DD2 1/14 My mellow little snuggler.

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Following this thread. I'm currently rocking two different strength contacts so that I can better see distance and close up. My reading vision is completely fine but my old contacts and now my glasses, which correct my distance vision, make me unable to read with vision corrected for distance. So I'm constantly taking off my glasses or looking over/under them. The trick with my contacts works great. I hate the on/off with my glasses though, and I adore my glasses, so I want to be able to wear them once and a while. So my eye doc recommended progressives and said that they earlier you switch to them the easier it is to adapt to them.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

JElaineB is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My husband was one who didn't get used to them and it put me off on getting them for several years. Finally I caved after not having found a better solution and I regret not getting them when I first needed them. I love them, and it took me about 30 seconds to get used to them. I've worn glasses full-time since sixth grade (though I used contacts from mid-high school until I was about 30), so I'm used to not having "perfect vision", which is what threw my husband as he has never been a full time glasses wearer.

dogmom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Worn glasses since 3rd grade. Moved to progressives 4 years ago, took 24-48 to adjust. They are great. I do need to take my glasses off to look at the fine print on small medication bottles I deal with. The biggest problem I had was adjusting where I hold a boom to read.

My DH never had glasses, got progressives for his far sightedness. He was getting migraines. He has 2 kind, computer work and everything else.

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I love mine! I got my first pair about three years ago. When I first put them on, I was dizzy but by the time I got home, it was great.

My distance vision is horrible and my readers are the same as yours. I have noticed that it’s extremely challenging for eye professionals to balance a severe myopic prescription and progressives. Put another way, it’s not the glasses that are messed up, it’s the actual script.

The other part where there can be error is converting glasses to contacts scripts.

Finally, places like Costco don’t work for me. Buying progressives from an independent place yields better results.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

robinsmommy is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I got mine, oh, maybe 10 days ago....I’m still not used to them and kind of regret it. Nothing ever seems totally clear- it feels like my eyes are struggling to focus when I wear them.

Quote Originally Posted by wendibird22 View Post
    So my eye doc recommended progressives and said that they earlier you switch to them the easier it is to adapt to them.
    This is an interesting point and I bet that's true.

Ugh, I don't know what to do! I guess I'll find out what the warranty/return options are, and if decent, give them a shot. I've mostly worn contacts since I was quite young but in the past year finding that I'm wearing glasses more because I am not tolerating contacts as well. And I have trouble reading etc. in my glasses, which makes me think I should give the progressives a try.

Smillow is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

i love mine, I started wearing glasses at 45 (8 years ago), i hate driving with single vision glasses because then I can't see anything inside the car clearly. I get mine from Zenni, so they are reasonably priced. I've learned not to wear them hiking or when going up & down lots of steps.
    DS 2/09

dogmom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by robinsmommy View Post
    I got mine, oh, maybe 10 days ago....I’m still not used to them and kind of regret it. Nothing ever seems totally clear- it feels like my eyes are struggling to focus when I wear them.
    That sounds like a bad prescription to me. I never had problems like that. But I don’t know if you were wearing glasses to start with.

I agree you need to go to someone who knows what they are doing. I luckily have vision coverage so it brings down the cost. I get me regular progressives at a small mom and pop place that is excellent and buy my sunglasses through Zenni.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast