Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Just for fun: WDW accommodations for 6?

I’m sick and just dreaming here. What resorts accommodate 6 family members? Suites would be rad but are probably out of our price range? Honestly the whole trip might be a stretch! Last DH and I went there we had a 50% room discount at Pop Century. If we brought our kids, how could we do it?

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    I’m sick and just dreaming here. What resorts accommodate 6 family members? Suites would be rad but are probably out of our price range? Honestly the whole trip might be a stretch! Last DH and I went there we had a 50% room discount at Pop Century. If we brought our kids, how could we do it?
    We didn't stay on-property & booked a condo in the Sheraton Vistana Villas with Costco's travel service when DH, DD, and I went to WDW in November 2018.

The condo had 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, en suite washer/dryer, a small kitchen (stove, microwave, full-size fridge, sink, etc.), and, I think, a pullout couch. There was a king bed in one bedroom and two full/queen size in the other.

It was more space than the 3 of us needed, but I'd look into it if you're Costco members.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Default Just for fun: WDW accommodations for 6?

Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post
    We didn't stay on-property & booked a condo in the Sheraton Vistana Villas with Costco's travel service when DH, DD, and I went to WDW in November 2018.

The condo had 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, en suite washer/dryer, a small kitchen (stove, microwave, full-size fridge, sink, etc.), and, I think, a pullout couch. There was a king bed in one bedroom and two full/queen size in the other.

It was more space than the 3 of us needed, but I'd look into it if you're Costco members.
    We’ve done that as well. If you want to go even cheaper, get an AirBnB. We got a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom townhouse with a washer/dryer for super cheap last time. It was $750 for 5 nights (all fees included) over spring break. The place was very nice and clean and spacious.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

You’d be better off doing a Disney Vacation Club rental. Rent points via Dave’s or one of the others. That way you get the onsite perks (unless your APs give you things like 60 day fast passes regardless of where you stay).

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Ft. wilderness cabins

pharmjenn is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Staying on property will be very expensive to get everyone into the same room. I think Pop Century and maybe the All-Stars have family suites though, that would probably work.
    If you are open to staying off property, you can look into renting a timeshare unit from an owner. Most non- DVC properties have abundant availability year round. We own at a property just north of Disney Springs and drive into the parks. Most properties do offer shuttles as well, but usually not free so that can get expensive. Anyway, timeshares can run less than $500-750 for 7 nights in a 2-3 bedroom unit, and you get a kitchen for minor (or major) food prep.
    mom to Billy 12/07

We stayed in the All Star Music Suites as a family of 5. As long as at least one or two of your kids were young/small-ish it would work. I think they are cheaper than the new resorts with family suites and I personally liked the layout better. We were joining another family of four who were staying in a traditional room at the same resort so it worked well for us.

I love the convenience of staying on property for WDW. This room gave us two full bathrooms. The living room sleeping was a pull out sofa, pull out chair, and ottoman that became a bed. Nice with three kids to keep them separated, but I would not put a body over about 8 on that ottoman to sleep.

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Another vote to look at the family suites at All Star Music. The ones at Art of Animation are similar (although more themed), but more expensive.

You could also look at two non-preferred rooms at any of the value hotels, and request/hope they honor the request for adjoining rooms.
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    We’ve done that as well. If you want to go even cheaper, get an AirBnB. We got a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom townhouse with a washer/dryer for super cheap last time. It was $750 for 5 nights (all fees included) over spring break. The place was very nice and clean and spacious.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Wow. That's a steal! You must have rented a car?

Thanks all! This is so fun to think about. So for on property, it is Fort Wilderness cabins, adjoining rooms or a value suite? I'm curious as to how far our discount would go. I want to say in 2011 it was 50% off at the value resorts. Although it still might be more affordable off campus! We also got a steal on dining at 40% off and DH and I paid $54 a day (for BOTH of us) for two meals and snack and more food than we've ever eaten before, lol.

Part of why this vacation is appealing to me is that when I went with DH (who has major anxiety) he loved that it was so easy. The bus picks us up at the airport and boom we're at the hotel! With shuttle buses connecting us to everything. It isn't the most inspired travel (and probably not the most budget friendly) but there is some appeal there. Still, the deals you guys posted for off property places seem very appealing! One of the biggest impediments for us on this trip is airfare. Which is why this still probably mostly a dream! DS1 is a Sophmore... Part of me wants to truly make this trip happen maybe in Summer 2021?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast