Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default S/O Favorite family friendly podcast

I like listening to podcasts when I’m cleaning. Makes the time fly. I usually listen with headphones so I don’t have to worry about my kids overhearing. I would love suggestions for great podcasts that are family friendly. TIA

anonomom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

For podcasts I like but don’t worry about the kids hearing, Young House Love, Awesome Etiquette, The West Wing Weekly, and Office Ladies. And I think The Dream is safe, if not particularly interesting for kids (there may be a few swears).

For an actual kid-aimed podcast, Wow in the World.

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My kids really enjoy This Podcast Will Kill You but not for every listener since it's about diseases - it is clean though. Pretty much any NPR podcast would be fine for them to overhear I think.

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I know this is an old thread but wanted to update that I discovered Didn’t I Just Feed You. I started at the beginning and have been binging it. The two hosts are funny together and as a newish cook I've picked up a few tidbits. HTHS!

I somehow missed the recommendations listed above. I’m adding them to my playlist now. Thanks!!

I’m the same - listen with headphones a lot! When kids are listening, I will often listen to Wait, Wait, Don’t Tell Me. Off to go check out the one you just recommended!

Smillow is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I listen to Milk Street Radio when I’m traveling with DS.
    DS 2/09

fauve01 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

i just discovered the Holderness family has a podcast! it's family friendly in that you can listen in front of the kids, although i don't know if kids would care about the topics.

My kids ask to listen to "Office Ladies" when we're in the car. They don't even like "The Office"! Angela and Jenna just are clearly having so much fun, and the back stories are funny. My kids have seen a few episodes of the show, like maybe 4 or 5, so they know the characters, but honestly I don't think you have to in order to enjoy the podcast.

I like "The Tony Kornheiser Show" which is mostly sports/current events. My kids don't find it especially interesting, but it's family friendly.

My kids enjoy "Wait, Wait..." And as PP mentioned, "Wow in the World" is a podcast for kids. It's interesting but a little too goofy for me tp listen to regularly.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I listen to and love a podcast called Ologies. The host interviews a different scientist/expert each episode and I've learned some truly fascinating things. Although the content is almost always family friendly, the host definitely swears, but I'm pretty sure she mentions being able to get beeped episodes from the website.

For younger kids, Wow in the World and Story Pirates are both fun (and I don't mind listening).
    Lizi

melwe is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Radiolab now has Radiolab for kids. I haven't listened yet, but I believe they have just selected previously released stories that are appropriate for a younger audience.
    Melanie

DD 12/06
    DS 9/2011

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast