Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default What is your small outrage?

Home sick today. Boo! Trying to work though but I have some spare minutes of time.

Here's what keeps running through my mind. Men's shirts.

Why do they always make women wear these? They never fit me. If they fit my shoulders, they don't fit my hips so I have to swim in them. Even at Cub Scout Day Camp, staffed almost entirely by women, the t-shirt we are required to wear is a men's T? Can you imagine the outrage if it was reversed?

That's all. I'm not really angry. This thought just occurred to me today and won't leave, lol.

What is your outrage?

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Along the same lines, pockets in women's clothing. Pants. Suit Jackets. Skirts. Dresses. Outerwear. ALL NEED FUNCTIONAL POCKETS! I am outraged when I buy a suit jacket and it has pockets on the outside, but never an interior chest pocket like the men's suit jackets have for tucking away a phone. Or when I buy a nice looking coat and it has hand warmer pockets...and no interior chest pocket. Ugh! I just bought a pair of leggings from Costco with pockets. Turns out the pockets are too small to fit my iPhone8. Geez.

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    Along the same lines, pockets in women's clothing. Pants. Suit Jackets. Skirts. Dresses. Outerwear. ALL NEED FUNCTIONAL POCKETS! I am outraged when I buy a suit jacket and it has pockets on the outside, but never an interior chest pocket like the men's suit jackets have for tucking away a phone. Or when I buy a nice looking coat and it has hand warmer pockets...and no interior chest pocket. Ugh! I just bought a pair of leggings from Costco with pockets. Turns out the pockets are too small to fit my iPhone8. Geez.

Oh my gosh, yes! That’s why I’m always so excited. But it’s silly to be ecstatic over pockets! That’s like a given in men’s clothes!

basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Here is what drives me nuts, every week.

I go to Costco on Sunday. They advertise that they open at 10 am, but they often open a few minutes earlier, like 9:55. I get there at 9:55 and fly through my shopping, am usually out the door and loading my car by 10:20 (this is the majority of my food shopping for the week). I have a list and I buy the same things every week.

Costco is really crowded on Sundays. When I get to my car, which is usually somewhat close to the door given I got there exactly at opening time, there is some able bodied person who decides to sit there and watch me load my groceries into my trunk rather than drive a little further down the row to park. I have boxes in my trunk and I like to organize my shopping as I'm loading the car, so I don't like to be rushed, and I really dislike the feeling of someone staring at me do this. The parking lot is not full, they are just sitting there, blocking the lane, being obnoxious, to try to get a better parking space.

If they are so annoying as to sit there and watch me load my car and not just go elsewhere to park, I will sit in my car on my phone for however long it takes for them to move on. It's my version of road rage.
    DS- 8/11
    DD- 5/14

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post

I go to Costco on Sunday. They advertise that they open at 10 am, but they often open a few minutes earlier, like 9:55. I get there at 9:55 and fly through my shopping, am usually out the door and loading my car by 10:20 (this is the majority of my food shopping for the week). I have a list and I buy the same things every week.

Costco is really crowded on Sundays. When I get to my car, which is usually somewhat close to the door given I got there exactly at opening time, there is some able bodied person who decides to sit there and watch me load my groceries into my trunk rather than drive a little further down the row to park. I have boxes in my trunk and I like to organize my shopping as I'm loading the car, so I don't like to be rushed, and I really dislike the feeling of someone staring at me do this. The parking lot is not full, they are just sitting there, blocking the lane, being obnoxious, to try to get a better parking space.

If they are so annoying as to sit there and watch me load my car and not just go elsewhere to park, I will sit in my car on my phone for however long it takes for them to move on. It's my version of road rage.
    I do the same thing for Costco on Sunday with your timing LOL! This past Sunday, a lady was driving down the parking lot, went past me, and then saw that I was leaving so she BACKED UP, forcing the cars behind her to also back up. Well, now she's waiting for my space AND holding up a line of traffic behind her so I start backing out quickly so that she can get into my space and free up the jam. The driver BEHIND her, who of course I'm not watching, has HAD IT and guns it to go around her. I almost hit HIM while trying to back up. I mean, come on people!!!! I was so mad.

mom2binsd is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post

Here's the thing, they are going into a store that is the size of a football field and are going to be walking a lot, so what is the big deal with getting a spot 20 feet closer. I'd just take my time, or even walk over and let them know I'm gonna be awhile and to move on! Some people are clueless!!!

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Dog owners who don’t clean up after their dogs!

Walkers who insist on walking in the middle of the road and refuse to move over.

People who cross the street knowing they don’t have right of way and go especially slow just because they can!
    Last edited by jgenie; 02-11-2020 at 03:54 PM.

California is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

My older DD, her friends, and the preteens I work with all say "like" all the fricken' time. "We were, like, going to lunch... And Emma's, like, fighting with Zoe so she's all like, "I'm not going!" And I'm like well if you're not going then I'm not. And I'm so like upset that they are fighting." Etcetera. I hate it.

And now it has rubbed off on me! Over the weekend I noticed I was using like! My kids were making fun of me. This. Must. Stop.

PZMommy is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

It drives me crazy when people are in the drive through line at fast food places and take forever to decide what to order. This especially irritates me at chick fil a. It is a small menu. It should not take you 10 minutes to figure out what you want. If you need to spend 10 minutes for all 8 people in your car to analyze the menu, then you need to go inside. I don’t know how those drive through workers stay so calm and pleasant there.

Yes, I know this is so trivial, but it drives me bonkers!!!

Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Hokey flowery goofy printing/sayings/pictures on paper towels and napkins. I will spend more to get plain ones. It's completely unreasonable and I can't help it.

And don't get me started on the "have a happy period" phase that Always went through. Yes that was years back but really, smarten up.
    "Every mother needs a wife." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast