Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    bisous is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default What is your small outrage?

Home sick today. Boo! Trying to work though but I have some spare minutes of time.

Here's what keeps running through my mind. Men's shirts.

Why do they always make women wear these? They never fit me. If they fit my shoulders, they don't fit my hips so I have to swim in them. Even at Cub Scout Day Camp, staffed almost entirely by women, the t-shirt we are required to wear is a men's T? Can you imagine the outrage if it was reversed?

That's all. I'm not really angry. This thought just occurred to me today and won't leave, lol.

What is your outrage?

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Along the same lines, pockets in women's clothing. Pants. Suit Jackets. Skirts. Dresses. Outerwear. ALL NEED FUNCTIONAL POCKETS! I am outraged when I buy a suit jacket and it has pockets on the outside, but never an interior chest pocket like the men's suit jackets have for tucking away a phone. Or when I buy a nice looking coat and it has hand warmer pockets...and no interior chest pocket. Ugh! I just bought a pair of leggings from Costco with pockets. Turns out the pockets are too small to fit my iPhone8. Geez.

bisous is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    Along the same lines, pockets in women's clothing. Pants. Suit Jackets. Skirts. Dresses. Outerwear. ALL NEED FUNCTIONAL POCKETS! I am outraged when I buy a suit jacket and it has pockets on the outside, but never an interior chest pocket like the men's suit jackets have for tucking away a phone. Or when I buy a nice looking coat and it has hand warmer pockets...and no interior chest pocket. Ugh! I just bought a pair of leggings from Costco with pockets. Turns out the pockets are too small to fit my iPhone8. Geez.

Oh my gosh, yes! That’s why I’m always so excited. But it’s silly to be ecstatic over pockets! That’s like a given in men’s clothes!

basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Here is what drives me nuts, every week.

I go to Costco on Sunday. They advertise that they open at 10 am, but they often open a few minutes earlier, like 9:55. I get there at 9:55 and fly through my shopping, am usually out the door and loading my car by 10:20 (this is the majority of my food shopping for the week). I have a list and I buy the same things every week.

Costco is really crowded on Sundays. When I get to my car, which is usually somewhat close to the door given I got there exactly at opening time, there is some able bodied person who decides to sit there and watch me load my groceries into my trunk rather than drive a little further down the row to park. I have boxes in my trunk and I like to organize my shopping as I'm loading the car, so I don't like to be rushed, and I really dislike the feeling of someone staring at me do this. The parking lot is not full, they are just sitting there, blocking the lane, being obnoxious, to try to get a better parking space.

If they are so annoying as to sit there and watch me load my car and not just go elsewhere to park, I will sit in my car on my phone for however long it takes for them to move on. It's my version of road rage.
    DS- 8/11
    DD- 5/14

MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post

I go to Costco on Sunday. They advertise that they open at 10 am, but they often open a few minutes earlier, like 9:55. I get there at 9:55 and fly through my shopping, am usually out the door and loading my car by 10:20 (this is the majority of my food shopping for the week). I have a list and I buy the same things every week.

Costco is really crowded on Sundays. When I get to my car, which is usually somewhat close to the door given I got there exactly at opening time, there is some able bodied person who decides to sit there and watch me load my groceries into my trunk rather than drive a little further down the row to park. I have boxes in my trunk and I like to organize my shopping as I'm loading the car, so I don't like to be rushed, and I really dislike the feeling of someone staring at me do this. The parking lot is not full, they are just sitting there, blocking the lane, being obnoxious, to try to get a better parking space.

If they are so annoying as to sit there and watch me load my car and not just go elsewhere to park, I will sit in my car on my phone for however long it takes for them to move on. It's my version of road rage.
    Costco is definitely not the kind of store where I want to be rushed when I'm loading my car. Like you, I like to organize and load my car the way I want to. I put chilled/cold items in my cooler. I stack things or arrange things so they don't roll or topple all over the place in the trunk. Costco purchases are not small. They are almost always a trunkful of items! So the feeling of being rushed in the Costco lot, in particular, is not a good one. I can understand if there are no other spaces at all, and the person is waiting. But if there are other spaces, take the other space!

Generally, if someone is waiting for my space, I find that I do hurry, rush and move faster than I normally would.

And speaking of Costco, it's Murphy's Law. I will buy something that I need but not urgently need. And of course, it will be in the VERY next coupon book that is out the next day or so. It always happens to me that way. Of course, I can still get a price adjustment once the coupon book starts. But I swear this happens every coupon book cycle.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post

I do the same thing for Costco on Sunday with your timing LOL! This past Sunday, a lady was driving down the parking lot, went past me, and then saw that I was leaving so she BACKED UP, forcing the cars behind her to also back up. Well, now she's waiting for my space AND holding up a line of traffic behind her so I start backing out quickly so that she can get into my space and free up the jam. The driver BEHIND her, who of course I'm not watching, has HAD IT and guns it to go around her. I almost hit HIM while trying to back up. I mean, come on people!!!! I was so mad.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I park super far away at almost every store. Costco is the only one where I worry I’ll get hit by a car walking through though. People drive like morons there.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

How about this one? When did it become socially acceptable to wear pajamas instead of real clothes? I see teens, and now young adults, wearing pajamas everywhere - school, store, whatever... slippers, too.

People bring food and expect food at every event/meeting. This is not a good habit! No one needs to eat that many times a day.

And last but not least - when I was a kid, it was strange to see a piece of trash along side the road. (So much so, that on base, we would stop and pick it up if it was safe to do so.) Now, I am just disgusted and dismayed at the amount of garbage I pass on my daily commute - including obvious piles people have just dumped rather than dealing with properly. So sad!

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Crappy people, we have a few at our workplace that are like the 3 muskateers of bullies. Somehow leadership doesn't seem to notice, it really bugs me when people can't see through ****ty people.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Ugh, don’t get me started! I rarely shop at Walmart but did recently and noticed how awful their plastic shopping bags are. There was a sign on the carousel that said, “pack one more item in the bag. Using fewer bags helps us keep costs lower.” Those bags are as thin and as strong as tissue paper. They aren’t strong enough to even hold a few items. You try to stuff more in them and everything is falling out into the dirty slush in the parking lot. And there is NO possible way to reuse them. They all had holes when I unpacked them so no chance of reuse. And the bags all had plastic bits flying in the wind. Yeah, that’s really good for the environment! If you are going to provide customers with bags, make them thicker and reusable. The junk they have now rip too easily and is terrible for the environment. Despicable.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast