Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    Here is what drives me nuts, every week.

I go to Costco on Sunday. They advertise that they open at 10 am, but they often open a few minutes earlier, like 9:55. I get there at 9:55 and fly through my shopping, am usually out the door and loading my car by 10:20 (this is the majority of my food shopping for the week). I have a list and I buy the same things every week.

Costco is really crowded on Sundays. When I get to my car, which is usually somewhat close to the door given I got there exactly at opening time, there is some able bodied person who decides to sit there and watch me load my groceries into my trunk rather than drive a little further down the row to park. I have boxes in my trunk and I like to organize my shopping as I'm loading the car, so I don't like to be rushed, and I really dislike the feeling of someone staring at me do this. The parking lot is not full, they are just sitting there, blocking the lane, being obnoxious, to try to get a better parking space.

If they are so annoying as to sit there and watch me load my car and not just go elsewhere to park, I will sit in my car on my phone for however long it takes for them to move on. It's my version of road rage.
    Here's the thing, they are going into a store that is the size of a football field and are going to be walking a lot, so what is the big deal with getting a spot 20 feet closer. I'd just take my time, or even walk over and let them know I'm gonna be awhile and to move on! Some people are clueless!!!

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Dog owners who don’t clean up after their dogs!

Walkers who insist on walking in the middle of the road and refuse to move over.

People who cross the street knowing they don’t have right of way and go especially slow just because they can!
    Last edited by jgenie; 02-11-2020 at 03:54 PM.

California is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

My older DD, her friends, and the preteens I work with all say "like" all the fricken' time. "We were, like, going to lunch... And Emma's, like, fighting with Zoe so she's all like, "I'm not going!" And I'm like well if you're not going then I'm not. And I'm so like upset that they are fighting." Etcetera. I hate it.

And now it has rubbed off on me! Over the weekend I noticed I was using like! My kids were making fun of me. This. Must. Stop.

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

It drives me crazy when people are in the drive through line at fast food places and take forever to decide what to order. This especially irritates me at chick fil a. It is a small menu. It should not take you 10 minutes to figure out what you want. If you need to spend 10 minutes for all 8 people in your car to analyze the menu, then you need to go inside. I don’t know how those drive through workers stay so calm and pleasant there.

Yes, I know this is so trivial, but it drives me bonkers!!!

Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Hokey flowery goofy printing/sayings/pictures on paper towels and napkins. I will spend more to get plain ones. It's completely unreasonable and I can't help it.

And don't get me started on the "have a happy period" phase that Always went through. Yes that was years back but really, smarten up.
    "Every mother needs a wife." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please

Jeanne is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by California View Post
    My older DD, her friends, and the preteens I work with all say "like" all the fricken' time. "We were, like, going to lunch... And Emma's, like, fighting with Zoe so she's all like, "I'm not going!" And I'm like well if you're not going then I'm not. And I'm so like upset that they are fighting." Etcetera. I hate it.

And now it has rubbed off on me! Over the weekend I noticed I was using like! My kids were making fun of me. This. Must. Stop.
    This is my biggest pet peeve with my younger teen and I correct her daily. I cannot stand it. It's such a bad habit and it makes them sound stupid. She's getting more cognizant of it around me especially but I will constantly correct her to her annoyance.

Jeanne is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Woman's workout leggings. I just can't stand them. Definitely more hygienic for the gym but MY GAWD paying attention to a waist that won't fall down, how opaque they have to be, weird seams that can make parts bulge, flat seams so they don't chafe, material that won't pill, etc... And the struggle of just trying them on to see if they meet all the criteria is real. I miss the days of shorts.

Mermanaid is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

People who stand in the middle of an aisle and chat or peruse like they are the only people in the store.

A lady in Costco (just chatting away on her cellphone) stopped in the middle of a major aisle and left her basket there to go look at something. I was stuck behind her, two other people were also stuck trying to come out of a side aisle. So I moved her basket out of the way and she called me a moron. I wish I would have childishly answered her with, “it takes one to know one.” Instead I just went on about my business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jenn

My loves:
    DD 11/2004
    DS 6/2007

WitMom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

When people walk in the middle of the “lane” in parking lots. And then just take their own sweet time, like they’re on a relaxing stroll in the woods. Get off to the side so people can drive around you!!!!

Gracemom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

The lack of cashiers at Target really bothers me. I went yesterday and they only had 1 lane open with a long line. They had 2 employees funnelling people to self check out, and 2 people helping at self check out. I should get an employee discount if I'm expected to scan and bag everything myself. And something always scans wrong, can't get coupon to work etc. So frustrating.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast