Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    ♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Since we are talking parking lot road rage...

I hate it when people with gas-guzzling cars park in electric vehicle charging spaces just because they want a good parking space (and often also want to say eff- you to EV drivers). It usually never gets enforced and can leave folks with EVs really inconvenienced. I’m in Texas and this is fairly rampant. I see all the time some huge truck or SUV parks in the clearly marked EV charging spot. When u try to tell them it is for EVs only the attitude is usually the offender gives you the finger and is happy to have pissed you off.

i am lucky that range is basically never an issue for me but it does annoy me that many places set aside EV charging areas as convenience and incentives for those with EVs yet many people purposely break those rules. This is especially a big deal at hotels and other venues that people tend to have people traveling from far away.

at my work there are 4 dedicated EV charging spaces. I noticed there often was a Ford Mustang who tends to park at night in one of the four spots (which are close to an entrance). Yesterday while leaving work it was raining and all four EV spots were taken by EVs charging (one was mine). I got in my car to leave and I noticed this mustang was there, seemed to be waiting to take my spot. So I sat there for several minutes on my phone. Finally the dude gave up and parked in a spot that was 25 feet away (oh the humanity).

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    Home sick today. Boo! Trying to work though but I have some spare minutes of time.

Here's what keeps running through my mind. Men's shirts.

Why do they always make women wear these? They never fit me. If they fit my shoulders, they don't fit my hips so I have to swim in them. Even at Cub Scout Day Camp, staffed almost entirely by women, the t-shirt we are required to wear is a men's T? Can you imagine the outrage if it was reversed?
    Have you seen Man Who Has It All (on FB & twitter) - comments are pure gold about this kind of stuff.

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
    People bring food and expect food at every event/meeting. This is not a good habit! No one needs to eat that many times a day.
    This drives me crazy too! I feel like we're constantly in situations where we're being served food we don't need (and it's never healthy). Even at park playdates, etc. I feel like I'm the only mom that didn't pack a picnic lunch for my kids (at a non-lunch time time).

Quote Originally Posted by gatorsmom View Post
    Ugh, don’t get me started! I rarely shop at Walmart but did recently and noticed how awful their plastic shopping bags are. There was a sign on the carousel that said, “pack one more item in the bag. Using fewer bags helps us keep costs lower.” Those bags are as thin and as strong as tissue paper. They aren’t strong enough to even hold a few items. You try to stuff more in them and everything is falling out into the dirty slush in the parking lot. And there is NO possible way to reuse them. They all had holes when I unpacked them so no chance of reuse. And the bags all had plastic bits flying in the wind. Yeah, that’s really good for the environment! If you are going to provide customers with bags, make them thicker and reusable. The junk they have now rip too easily and is terrible for the environment. Despicable.
    I totally agree their bags are worthless. The annoying part is that at my Walmart, if things are in their plastic bags, then they let you just walk out the door (after paying, of course!) -- but if things are NOT in their plastic bags, then they will stop you, ask to see your receipt, and have to check every.single.item. that is not in a bag. I found this out the hard way. I recently moved from Europe where most people don't use bags in the store -- they just throw things into their cart again (loose) and bag them into baskets/bags at their car. It was a total disaster the day I tried to repeat that here and learned Walmart's policy.....ugh! I avoid using plastic bags at stores anywhere I can, but sometimes I don't have the time to sit there and have everything checked so I just use the worthless plastic ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Gracemom View Post
    The lack of cashiers at Target really bothers me. I went yesterday and they only had 1 lane open with a long line. They had 2 employees funnelling people to self check out, and 2 people helping at self check out. I should get an employee discount if I'm expected to scan and bag everything myself. And something always scans wrong, can't get coupon to work etc. So frustrating.
    I agree - Target is the worst with self checkout! I don't have a problem using self-checkouts, but near me, the Target usually only has a single cashier -- who is responsible for both doing his/her own lane, and also helping anyone at self-checkout. So, both areas get way slowed down because it's just one person bouncing back and forth.
    Lizi

ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Gracemom View Post
    The lack of cashiers at Target really bothers me. I went yesterday and they only had 1 lane open with a long line. They had 2 employees funnelling people to self check out, and 2 people helping at self check out. I should get an employee discount if I'm expected to scan and bag everything myself. And something always scans wrong, can't get coupon to work etc. So frustrating.
    I love the self checkout lanes at Target! The only time I need someone to help me is if the item doesn't have a barcode to scan (happens sometimes with clearance items), or they have to approve paper coupons. I absolutely loathe the self checkouts at a local grocery chain. It always yells at me and freezes up if I remove my bag too soon, doesn't recognize items, etc. I rarely shop there but when I do, I always leave wondering how their self checkouts are so much more difficult than self checkouts at Target, Sam's Club, BJ's, Lowe's, etc.

I do wish Target would go back to their thicker plastic bags, they new ones get holes too easily. I always reuse plastic bags as small trash can liners and to take out cat litter. Too many businesses now have worthless bags that tear upon first use.

petesgirl is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    Here's the thing, they are going into a store that is the size of a football field and are going to be walking a lot, so what is the big deal with getting a spot 20 feet closer. I'd just take my time, or even walk over and let them know I'm gonna be awhile and to move on! Some people are clueless!!!
    I know this isn't the case for 99% of the people out there, but I have MS and have a hard time walking long distance. For me, walking 20 more feet IS a big deal. I often end up leaving grocery stores before I can get everything on my list because my legs start feeling weak. My MS doctor doesn't think I'm disabled enough for a disability parking pass and I'm sure I would get dirty looks if I used one anyway because my disability is invisible.
    Again, I'm sure it's not the case with mose people but just a reminder that some disabilities you can't see.

I don't usually wait for people to back out, though. I've learned to time my visits when stores are less busy.
    Last edited by petesgirl; 02-11-2020 at 02:48 PM.
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Omg YES the lack of cashiers at Target . WHY do they have 20 lanes if they are only going to use 3 of them??? I don’t get it.

back to parking lots - what I cannot stand what some parents do at school drop off... instead of going to drop off line, parents go park their car in the parking lot and then walk their kid IN FRONT OFF THE CARS WAITING IN THR DROP OFF LINE to the school entrance. This is bad because this requires a teacher/crossing guard to stop the entire drop off line to let this parent/kid pass. Our principal has emailed and called parents multiple times to ask parents to STOP doing this, but people still do it!!! Drives me batty. Parents tend to do it when they are running late so they don’t have to wait in drop off line...but they end up severely holding up traffic for everyone else!! So incredibly selfish.

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Single people who sit down at big tables at the coffee shop. Or sit at a table for 4 on a train.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tenasparkl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by nfceagles View Post
    Single people who sit down at big tables at the coffee shop. Or sit at a table for 4 on a train.
    Yes! I find this to be so frustrating.

anonomom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

On the topic of school pickup, it drives me NUTS when people think they’re too special to wait in line.

Our elementary and middle schools are adjacent to each other, and there’s a cohort of middle school parents who uses the elementary school as a kind of supplemental carline (middle school dismisses 50 minutes after the elementary). But they clog up the whole parking lot so elementary parents who need to pick kids up from after school activities can’t get to their kids, and teachers can’t pull out of the parking lot. All so they don’t have to use the middle school carline (which isn’t even bad!).

squimp is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ms.pacman♥ View Post
    Since we are talking parking lot road rage...

I hate it when people with gas-guzzling cars park in electric vehicle charging spaces just because they want a good parking space (and often also want to say eff- you to EV drivers). It usually never gets enforced and can leave folks with EVs really inconvenienced. I’m in Texas and this is fairly rampant. I see all the time some huge truck or SUV parks in the clearly marked EV charging spot. When u try to tell them it is for EVs only the attitude is usually the offender gives you the finger and is happy to have pissed you off.

i am lucky that range is basically never an issue for me but it does annoy me that many places set aside EV charging areas as convenience and incentives for those with EVs yet many people purposely break those rules. This is especially a big deal at hotels and other venues that people tend to have people traveling from far away.

at my work there are 4 dedicated EV charging spaces. I noticed there often was a Ford Mustang who tends to park at night in one of the four spots (which are close to an entrance). Yesterday while leaving work it was raining and all four EV spots were taken by EVs charging (one was mine). I got in my car to leave and I noticed this mustang was there, seemed to be waiting to take my spot. So I sat there for several minutes on my phone. Finally the dude gave up and parked in a spot that was 25 feet away (oh the humanity).
    I have called the cops. There was a phone number associated with the station and so I called campus police. They found the driver in <5 minutes.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast