Question Small, neutral handbag for warm-weather destinations?

What do you take/ carry for trips to beaches/ resorts/ tropical locations? I like the looks of raffia bags, but they're not very practical. Would like something cream or tan-colored... all I have right now is a big, black leather bag, which looks very out of place out to dinner or on the beach!

Any ideas where to look?

Thanks so much!

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Marshall’s, TJ Maxx, Nordstrom Rack would be my first spots to look.

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Kate Spade’s Chester Street dessi bag is 59 today. There’s a lovely light colored one. I’m quite tempted.

Also check out lo and sons. The Pearl is amazing. I’m not sure if it’s still on sale, but several light colors. There’s also a slightly smaller one too.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

erosenst is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Kate Spade’s Chester Street dessi bag is 59 today.
    This bag is sort of a knock off and it's $16. I have it and lovelovelove it for travel as it's light and packs flat, although have started carrying at home too as it happens to fit my stuff perfectly. It comes in fifteen colors - lots of choices for either neutral or bright for the beach. I'd be tempted with the white/taupe for really neutral.

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by erosenst View Post
    This bag is sort of a knock off and it's $16. I have it and lovelovelove it for travel as it's light and packs flat, although have started carrying at home too as it happens to fit my stuff perfectly. It comes in fifteen colors - lots of choices for either neutral or bright for the beach. I'd be tempted with the white/taupe for really neutral.
    Great find!!

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Last spring we took 2 trips that required us to travel carry-on. I tried this purse because it packed down very small but looked good in use and was a great size. I really only intended for it to be a travel purse but I’m still using it 8 months later. It has been really durable and handy. It also comes in a ton of colors. It’s not cheap but it’s great quality. https://m.shop.nordstrom.com/s/longc...lts&color=blue
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Not sure how small is too small, but I love this bag. It's a clutch, wristlet and crossbody bag. So many colors available! Just enough room for phone, lipstick, cash and cards (lots of slots!).

Joy Susan Mini Crossbody Wristlet Clutch
    https://www.amazon.com/Joy-Susan-Cro...8-5&th=1&psc=1
    Last edited by Twoboos; 02-13-2020 at 12:30 PM.
    "Every mother needs a wife." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please

SASM is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Not sure of your price point and required size but I LOVE my MZ Wallace Micro (and Small) Sutton. You can find them on the resale market for a more reasonable price. If you have an ".edu" email, you also qualify for their education sale pricing, which is 30% off some discontinued colors: https://www.mzwallace.com/shop/edu-special. Their Crosby line is also nice and nice light with a more "dinner" feel if that is a concern.
    Mom to:
    1 BLUE (03) and 2 PINK (05 & 07)
    ^i^ 10.01 & 12.03

Pardon my typos...blasted Auto-correct!!