Thread: Teen vaping

Default Teen vaping

I recently saw a 16-year-old neighbor smoking a vape. Should I tell his parents about this? At what age can vape be smoked?

I think it’s 18 but will be 21 sometime this year. It is horrible addictive and very dangerous. How well do you know his parent? What kind of kid is he? I would say something but I’d be careful about wording. They might already know.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

I know that vape is better than cigarettes, but still it isn't completely safe for the child. I know that some parents allow their children to smoke vape, at least it's better than if they order illegal e-liquid mixes for vape. I advise you to talk first with a neighbor's child, tell him that there are legal nicotine-free vape juices (you can read more about this on this portal vapingdaily.com), but also say that he should talk with his parents and get their permission to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Galkina View Post
    I know that vape is better than cigarettes, but still it isn't completely safe for the child. I know that some parents allow their children to smoke vape, at least it's better than if they order illegal e-liquid mixes for vape. I advise you to talk first with a neighbor's child, tell him that there are legal nicotine-free vape juices (you can read more about this on this portal vapingdaily.com), but also say that he should talk with his parents and get their permission to do so.
    It’s illegal for kids and NOT SAFE at all for anyone. What kind of parents allow their kids to vape? I have no clue what you are talking about. I’m shocked that you are supporting vaping in any way.

DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Parents who are looking at damage control--smoking vs vaping. Sometimes there are bigger issues at play and smoking or vaping is actually the least of the worries they have in regards to their kids.
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    It’s illegal for kids and NOT SAFE at all for anyone. What kind of parents allow their kids to vape? I have no clue what you are talking about. I’m shocked that you are supporting vaping in any way.

I know this is a really old post but I have to post anyway for future readers and say I agree 100%. It IS NOT SAFE at ALL, not for anyone. I personally know a man who switched from cigarettes to vape to try to quit smoking and suffered irreparable lung damage after just a few months on vapes - he is teetering on the edge of requiring a lung transplant. The nicotine levels are much higher than cigarettes and they have sugary flavors that further intensifies the addictiveness.

The idea that it can be done "safely" with non nic liquids is an utter BS lie perpetuated by the vape industry preying on kids and nicotine addicts. Studies are showing more and more health risks associated with vape and the face that it doesn't have that characteristic cigarette stench means it is harder to detect so kids often are using it more often and more consistently, thus intensifying the health impacts.
    I would absolutely want to know if another person saw my child vaping. Please speak up, even though it is an uncomfortable conversation.

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I believe both the OP and Galkina may be trolls. Very few posts and always have a link embedded in the post.