After a few years of having our (bonded) leather sofa & loveseat flake bits & pieces off all over the place, the ILs gave us money towards the purchase of a new living room set. (This is good and not a b!tch; they ILs' generosity is very much appreciated.)

DH and I had been pre-shopping for replacement furniture for a while now, but we stepped it up ... and remembered exactly how much we despise furniture shopping. (He likes onion feet and nailheads; I don't. He gravitates towards heavy, rounded pieces, while I tend to prefer squarer ones, etc.)

Finally, we found a set we agreed on (Costco.com), on sale (yay!), and we placed the order (a little anxiety-inducing) for a sofa and armchair-with-ottoman.

It arrived last week (which meant I lost almost 3 days' worth of organizing and reconciling GS Cookies in my dining room) and ... DH hates the armchair-and-ottoman.

He wants a reclining loveseat so we can both sit next to each other while we watch TV (wait, we watch TV together?) He's always got sportsball on and I'm really "meh" towards most sports, but I've especially had it with American football of any type and golf. I enjoy hockey, soccer, and, occasionally, basketball.

He wants my opinion on the recliner. He wants my opinion on the new furniture, which still smells like new leather. He wants me to rate the "match" of the leather color on our living room set to the stuff he's found at Ashley or Raymour & Flanigan or Bob's or whatever ... while I'm trying to supervise 4 Scouts and an Adult Volunteer at a cookie booth.

I don't care what he gets, although I really do hate the idea of another recliner. We have a (badly) repaired patch of wall in the living room that was a gouge from the now-broken recliner he HAD TO HAVE a few years ago and I'm tired of cleaning up sheetrock dust.

Can we stop now?

Add your whines; I've got more cheese in the fridge.