Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Corie is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    Such great news!! So very happy for you!! You have to dish the details!! How and when did you meet? Is he local to you? How are the kids with the change?
    Here are the details.

I was out with some friends for my birthday. I asked them if they had any single guy friends.
    My good friend said her husband had a single guy friend and he's a great guy. I was curious. She told me his name and I said, "Oh! I know him!
    I didn't know he was single." (His son and my son had had a few play dates when they were in kindergarten.) So, I asked her for his cell phone number.

The very next day, I sent him a text. I explained how I got his number and reminded him who I was. Then I asked if he wanted
    to meet up sometime for drinks. We got drinks that weekend and we had a great time. He is an awesome guy. It's exciting and scary
    all at the same time.

I will admit that I was an absolute wreck on our first date out in public. We were out to dinner at a local restaurant and we ran
    into quite a few people that we knew. I was so scared. I think I ate 2 bites of food. I was scared and nervous that people might
    judge me because I was dating. But I was wrong. Everyone was so happy to see me happy. And so many people love Jay. I would always
    hear from people how much they liked him. People would tell us A LOT how much they liked us together.

We have fun. We talk a lot and we laugh a lot. We are good together.
    Corie

"A smile is a curve that can set a lot of things straight."
    -fortune cookie

Thanks for sharing the details. I’m sure everyone is just as happy as we all are to see you dating and in love.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Corie! Your original post literally brought tears to my eyes!!! I am so, so happy for you. I wish you and Jay all the happiness in the world.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Corie,
    Great updates. So happy that things are so good for you right now!
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

kdeunc is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

What a great post! So happy for you and your family.
    Kelly

DS 1 12-02
    DS 2 12-04
    DD 07-08

elbenn is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by wencit View Post
    Corie! Your original post literally brought tears to my eyes!!! I am so, so happy for you. I wish you and Jay all the happiness in the world.
    Same here. So happy for you, Corie!
    Last edited by elbenn; 02-19-2020 at 04:56 PM.

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default **I have a boyfriend! (UPDATE in post #66 AND #81)

The details are awesome!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Corie View Post
    Here are the details.

I was out with some friends for my birthday. I asked them if they had any single guy friends.
    My good friend said her husband had a single guy friend and he's a great guy. I was curious. She told me his name and I said, "Oh! I know him!
    I didn't know he was single." (His son and my son had had a few play dates when they were in kindergarten.) So, I asked her for his cell phone number.

The very next day, I sent him a text. I explained how I got his number and reminded him who I was. Then I asked if he wanted
    to meet up sometime for drinks. We got drinks that weekend and we had a great time. He is an awesome guy. It's exciting and scary
    all at the same time.

I will admit that I was an absolute wreck on our first date out in public. We were out to dinner at a local restaurant and we ran
    into quite a few people that we knew. I was so scared. I think I ate 2 bites of food. I was scared and nervous that people might
    judge me because I was dating. But I was wrong. Everyone was so happy to see me happy. And so many people love Jay. I would always
    hear from people how much they liked him. People would tell us A LOT how much they liked us together.

We have fun. We talk a lot and we laugh a lot. We are good together.
    Love this story!!

arivecchi is online now Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

So great to hear this! Congrats and have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Oh my gosh what a great story. I feel like it’s such a good sign when things feel easy. Wishing you every happiness!

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast