JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Any knowledge of IKEA Pahl desk or desk made with Olov legs?

My quest for a desk has still not ended, although I am hoping it will shortly. I had bought a desk from Target as a compromise in many areas. I knew it would be too tall for me, but thought I could raise myself up on a seat and use a footrest. Well, when I do that, my knees don't fit under the desk...so I need a shorter desk.

I came across Ikea's Pahl option which is a kids' desk but has 3 different height levels. There is of course the option of a desk with Olov legs, which are adjustable. My question is, does anyone know if either or both of these options require drilling in assembly? I am okay following assembly instructions, but if it starts getting into drilling, etc, thats just over my head at this point. I looked at the on-line instructions and it looks like the Pahl already has the holes drilled in, and I can't tell about the table with the Olov legs, but I often find these kinds of on-line instructions mis-leading. Also, if all other things are equal any you are familiar with both which would you recommend.

My nearest IKEA is over 2 hours away and the delivery cost would be $200 or me, so I can't just go check them out..but will drive there if I decide to buy one of these.
    Last edited by JustMe; 02-15-2020 at 12:37 PM.
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I've put together a lot of IKEA furniture and nothing has ever required a drill. Usually a screwdriver and the included allen wrench is all you need.

Sent from my SM-A600P using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

DS has a Pahl desk. He's had it for a few years, so unless they've changed it, adjusting the legs involves turning a knob to remove a bolt - then adjust the height and put the bolt back in and turn the knob.

JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Thanks so much! Will get to IKEA next weekend.
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes