Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

In this order: Opal, honey crisp, fuji. Peel on and sliced. Not cooked, no dips, nothing on them. We keep on the counter, but I slice enough to last a couple of days and store slices in the refrigerator so they are usually cold, but I do not care either way.

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by specialp View Post
    In this order: Opal, honey crisp, fuji. Peel on and sliced. Not cooked, no dips, nothing on them. We keep on the counter, but I slice enough to last a couple of days and store slices in the refrigerator so they are usually cold, but I do not care either way.
    Do you do something to the sliced apples so they don’t brown in the fridge?

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Room temperature or slightly cool, but not cold. Sliced. I prefer varieties that are less crisp and more sweet.
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

smilequeen is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

This thread made me eat a lot of apples this weekend
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post

I dip them in a bowl of water that has a squeeze of lemon juice (bottle is fine) in it before I put them in the refrigerator. Not all varieties brown quickly when sliced (my boys did an experiment on it over Christmas), but I can never remember so I do it to all slices and always have.

div_0305 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Pink lady, honeycrisp, Fuji--sliced, but room temp. I keep them in my pantry during winter as it's like an icebox in there, but let them get to room temp before eating. I like them sliced. We are lucky to get local apples from Amish farms--not certified organic, but grown responsibly and super fresh and cheap.

babyonway is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I love my apples sliced and cold. Pink Lady has previously been my favorite but I have a new fav the new Cosmic Crisp apple. If you haven't tried them and have them available I highly recommend!!!
    Mama to my sweet lil girl (Summer 2010)

babyonway is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post

Lemon juice will reduce browning and doesn't change the taste. Works for avocados too!
    Mama to my sweet lil girl (Summer 2010)

PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Honey crisp are my favorite, but I'll eat gala. I accidently bought pink lady a couple of weeks ago and they were REALLY tough, like I had to fight to get each bite off of it! So I got revenge on those tough apples and turned them all into yummy apple butter . I prefer them room temperature or cool, not cold (sensitive teeth). I prefer them sliced but hate browning, but never have time to do them with lemon, so I either eat whole or, when home, slice and eat immediately. I have to slice at home if I offer them to DS1 because of his braces, but he's perfectly happy eating applesauce anyway.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Baby Bargains mobile app

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

Quote Originally Posted by babyonway View Post
    I love my apples sliced and cold. Pink Lady has previously been my favorite but I have a new fav the new Cosmic Crisp apple. If you haven't tried them and have them available I highly recommend!!!
    Well, now I’m craving an apple I’ve never even tried...!

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast