bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Patio Furniture Protectors?

Bear with me here. I was given a free patio furniture set that I really like. It’s a wicker look (but plastic) long couch and 2 chairs. The bottom webbing was all stretched out so I replaced it with a cut piece of plywood. I just bought some cushions from target. They look great but they don’t feel super durable?

I guess I’m concerned about helping my situation to look good longer. I’m wonder if there is some kind of drape that I can put across the cushions and plywood. It doesn’t need to cover the whole thing. In fact, it would be better if it didn’t! Just some kind of water repellent, sun protecting material to wrap around the cushions, maybe even the plywood?

It doesn’t rain much here but we do get moisture every morning. I guess I’m trying to figure what material would be ideal?

TIA!

Did you buy outdoor cushions? Or regular ones? Outdoor cushions are made of fabric that’s okay to get wet and will hold up well in the sun (like sunbrella fabric).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    Did you buy outdoor cushions? Or regular ones? Outdoor cushions are made of fabric that’s okay to get wet and will hold up well in the sun (like sunbrella fabric).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    They are outdoor cushions. But I can tell from the fabric that these are not the highest quality. We have some dining chair cushions that are real sunbrella material and these feel much cheaper. For us we chose these cushions because they fit perfectly. I’m trying to make them a little less disposable!

My mom just suggested beach towels. Those will probably work perfectly! I’ll let you know how that works out!!