Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default What to pack for 1 week at all-inclusive in Jamaica?

Trying to ignore the cold weather in PA and prepare for heading to Jamaica in June! DH and I went 16 years ago on our honeymoon, but I'm having a hard time remembering what all we took along. DH prefers to fly carry-on only, but I'm thinking in order to pack enough sunscreen and bug spray, we should check at least one bag. I know several swim suits are a must (along with cover-up, sarong or board shorts) and I'm doing another post about a packable sun hat for myself. We will need some dressier clothes for a few of the restaurants at the resort (are close toe sandals like Keen Newports for DH acceptable for the reservation only restaurants or will he need sneakers or dress shoes?). Not sure yet which excursions we will do. I've ordered several pairs of sandals to test out (Keen Rose, Teva Verra, Teva Mush Mandalyn Ola Wedge). Several travel blogs recommend taking stainless steal mugs or water bottles to fill up at the resort and have on the beach to keep drinks safe and cold, as well as a waterproof cell phone pouch. Any recs for those? For beach bag I have several Saltwater mesh bags (Whale, Dolphin, and Bolongo Bay w/ zipper top), but those may be too bulky to pack in a suitcase.
    I also have a JuJuBe Super Be, that would be easy to pack in suitcase, but it doesn't sit as well on the ground since it is narrow and floppy. What else is a must to pack (especially odd things I may be forgetting!)
    Last edited by ang79; 02-18-2020 at 12:03 PM.