Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

In a fridge with leftovers? Zipped in your purse? On a shelf in the laundry room or garage? Bathroom drawer? Pantry?
    K

Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

On the floor in the garage? Basically, on the ground between your house and car. In bushes too! I've found mine hanging from a branch of a bush along the path to my front door.

And once - in that wonderful newborn exhausted time - in our mailbox. I must have gone from the car, to get the mail, and set down the keys. (Mail carrier brought them to my door, thank goodness.)

One of my kids once hid my keys in the bottom of a pbk chair. He unzipped it, put them in, and zipped it back up. THANKFULLY he remembered (after we were already late but better than not at all.)

I bought a set of key finders for my kids' tablets (they run them dead and lose them regularly) for $20 on amazon. It's similar to tile but no downloading, there's a master remote for 4 of them then each kid has a finder part attached to tablet case.
    Angie

Mom to
    DD- 9/09-9/09
    DS- 2011 DS2- 2012 DS3- 2015 DD-2019

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Still looking!! I’m using DH’s key for my car and we have keypad locks. I’m going to wait a few days, keep looking then get a replacement for my car key, the fob was broken and my mechanic has told me to replace it. DH’s car can wait a while longer for them to turn up or not!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Were you with dh when you drove home? Assuming it’s keyless, I’m wondering if his key allowed you to drive home without your key bunch.
    Hope you find it!!

how about amongst the dishes/drying rack/dishwasher or in the washing machine.
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

The times I've misplaced my keys, they are almost always in a jacket or pants pocket and in the laundry basket. DH tends to leave his keys on a random surface - like he has his keys, suddenly remembers he needs to grab something else, sets the keys down on the coffee table (or other random surface), and then "loses" them.

98% of the time when DH loses something, I find it in places that he has already looked - so maybe ask someone else to look where you have already looked. Keys love to hide where you usually put them! If you normally put them in your purse or bag, then dump your purse/bag out upside-down and give it a good shake!

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

The linen closet, bookshelves, kitchen cabinets. I find that I’m on my way out the door and suddenly remember I need to do something. I’ll set my keys down while I get a last minute item done and I’ll forget to pick them back up.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

khm is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Go over your calendar and remember everywhere you went. Big, little and in between. Meditate on being in those places and what you did.

When we got a new vehicle, for some reason I had both sets of keys with me. So, I wandered away from one set but didn't know it because I had the other set in my purse.

I went over everywhere I went. Target, the STATE FAIR, cell phone store, restaurants. Ugh. Turns out I was missing the "easy" one (I think I was fixated on the STATE FAIR). I did see it on my calendar, but glossed over it..... My kids' Tae Kwon Do lesson. The second I saw them on the entry bench I remembered putting them basically UNDER my purse on a chair behind me while I watched the lesson. The lessons were held in a big church's gym and they basically just had to set them upfront and hope the owner found them.

That day, I got on Etsy and bought key tags engraved with our last name and a cell number. What good is someone finding them if they don't know who to call.

Those keys weren't crazy expensive (Toyota) if I had lost it for good, but our other cars we've since learned are $450 and $900 (!!) to replace a fob. Madness.

Around your house, look at weird places you'd pause at. Stair railings you'd stop by to remove shoes, weird ledges or furniture where you'd stop to set a bag down. You maybe drug them into your bedroom and set them down somewhere odd when you changed. Sideboard in the dining room you rarely walk through. Front entry down BY all the shoes. Gym bag, coat pocket. Near the umbrella or old coat you threw on to take the garbage out.

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

When you find them invest in a Tile.
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

LD92599 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Search with a flashlight under the seats of the car and between the seats and console.
    Also, any possibility you were wearing a jacket? DUMP the contents of any purse or tote bag you had.

They will turn up!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast