Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default BBB mojo, P&PT, whatever you’ve got (update #27 & #45)

BBB mojo is powerful stuff and we could really use some! My dad had a hernia operation last week and started feeling “off” on Monday. He’s a stubborn retired doctor so was waiting until Tuesday to go in. They ended up having to call an ambulance in the middle of the night. Yesterday morning they went to do a fluid biopsy but weren’t able to get anything so they opened him up to see what was going on and found cancer everywhere! They took a biopsy to try to determine the original site but we won’t know for a couple days. He has been killing himself going back looking for signs/symptoms but has been healthy. Just had a physical and all bloodwork came back fine. We’re most likely looking at months

I just don’t even know what to do right now. My mom was diagnosed with lung cancer about 8 years ago (had a heart attack and found the tumor in her lung very early but non-operable as around her aorta). She had a 25% 5 yr survival rate and is still here 8.5 years later although weakening due to side effects of the infusion therapy. My wish the past couple years has been to have her make it to DS16’s graduation in 2021. Now there’s a good chance neither of them will be there.

So anything you’ve got is completely and totally appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by billysmommy; 02-29-2020 at 01:20 AM.
    Mommy to my 2 sandy boys

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**If you live in the New England area and want to join the local Yahoo group for BBBers, please PM me for more info!**

Smillow is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Mojo and prayers! That’s a lot to deal with! ((((Hugs)))))
    DS 2/09

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

What are your parents first names? I will offer my rosary for them this morning.

I don’t want to raise your hopes unrealistically but my dad and 3 other people I know in their 70’s were diagnosed with metastatic cancer and lived on for several more years with chemo treatments and felt well enough to travel a bit. So there is hope for that 2021 date.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Philly Mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Sending you lots of mojo and positive thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your parents today. This is just so hard and unfair. And all of the waiting around for answers is frustrating.
    On the up side, it does seem like cancer treatments have dramatically improved over just the past couple of years.

Corie is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I am so sorry to hear about your Dad!! I will be saying lots of prayers for your Dad!!
    Corie

"A smile is a curve that can set a lot of things straight."
    -fortune cookie

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I am so sorry! Prayers headed your way!!

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

HUGS to you all. It must have been a huge shock
    People can and do exceed doctor’s expectations all the time.
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

Sending lots of mojo for your parents and your family!
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Sending everything I have, including p and pt. Please take care of yourself.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast