Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40
    mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mommy111 View Post
    It’s actually really responsible of you guys to keep him away and isolated. There is a huge testing deficit so they’re not testing anyone but the sickest patients
    I agree, and you're so lucky to have a place where he can comfortably stay without exposing the rest of the family.

Lab nerds have started a petition to persuade the FDA to allow labs to do testing. They released the “recipe” in January but said “don’t test” until further notice. Some labs have developed the test, but the FDA won’t clear them. Completely asinine.

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MSWR0319 View Post
    DH is now in self-quarantine at our lake house. He was on his way home and got a phone call that one of his employees he was with is showing flu symptoms but tested negative for the flu. They have to run other tests before they're allowed to run the COVID-19 test, so he won't know what the deal is till this weekend. I think it's ridiculous they have to wait for testing! He thinks he's coming home tomorrow and I don't think it's a good idea.
    We're clear (as far as known cases), as the other swab they did came back positive for H1N1. Not sure why the first flu swab didn't read positive, but I'm feeling more relieved! We've already had Influenza A in our house this year, so hopefully if he gets it, it's mild.

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

So I’m in SC and there supposedly very few cases. The governor is saying schools shouldn’t close, go about your normal life etc etc. but I’m seeing that we are short on tests...so cases are probably much higher. Tomorrow DS has a birthday party and I’m wondering if we should avoid it. One the one hand it seems fairly low risk but on the other hand we do have asthma so technically at a higher risk....we are all set as far as hunkering down at home and since we homeschool it’s no issue. But this is his best friend’s birthday party so he’d be really sad to miss (as well as the friend). Also lots of soccer teams are on hold but our church league has not cancelled yet...not sure if it’s worth the risk. Not sure if I am really worried about corona per se...more worried we’ll catch the flu or something else and my anxiety will therefore go through the roof! Plus such a long incubation period worries me! And most of the colleges are closing but not schools? Why?

So we are out of many of our grocery basics and the stores are regularly sold out of everything with lines out the door for when they receive deliveries.

Almost wasn’t able to get diapers and wipes for the baby yesterday. And now my oldest is sick today.

I’m really really struggling to hold it together right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Elle

DS1: 10/08 (the “tenager”)
    DS2: 07/18 (the wild one)

ang79 is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Reyadawnbringer View Post
    So we are out of many of our grocery basics and the stores are regularly sold out of everything with lines out the door for when they receive deliveries.

Almost wasn’t able to get diapers and wipes for the baby yesterday. And now my oldest is sick today.

I’m really really struggling to hold it together right now.

Awe, sending positive thoughts your way, hang in there! Are you able to order from Amazon or Target anywhere to have anything delivered? Or do online order and local store pickup or home delivery?

Default Are you doing anything to prepare for the Corona virus?

I placed grocery delivery order early yesterday morning to be delivered after I got home from work. They apparently waited all day to pick my order (because they pick according to delivery time, not time order was placed) and so last night I got a call from them saying they only had 8 of my items.

I was furious as they had already charged me for all the items and never sent me any indication that they didn’t have all my items until it was too late for me to go somewhere else and get what I needed.

Today all the stores have lines and are sold out of many things. None of the stuff I need is on amazon and all local grocery delivery is showing schedule dates of next week.

I live in Houston area and so the cancellation of the rodeo has thrown everyone in to panic mode and where I was not generally worried two days ago, I now find myself very very concerned that I will not be able to find what we need to last even a week.

~Elle

DS1: 10/08 (the “tenager”)
    DS2: 07/18 (the wild one)

essnce629 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Reyadawnbringer View Post
    I placed grocery delivery order early yesterday morning to be delivered after I got home from work. They apparently waited all day to pick my order (because they pick according to delivery time, not time order was placed) and so last night I got a call from them saying they only had 8 of my items.

I was furious as they had already charged me for all the items and never sent me any indication that they didn’t have all my items until it was too late for me to go somewhere else and get what I needed.

Today all the stores have lines and are sold out of many things. None of the stuff I need is on amazon and all local grocery delivery is showing schedule dates of next week.

I live in Houston area and so the cancellation of the rodeo has thrown everyone in to panic mode and where I was not generally worried two days ago, I now find myself very very concerned that I will not be able to find what we need to last even a week.

What about Whole Foods delivery through Amazon? My best friend worked in several Whole Foods stores and said they are great about keeping their stock high and getting daily deliveries. I have a few things in my cart right now.

Sent from my SM-A600P using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    What about Whole Foods delivery through Amazon? My best friend worked in several Whole Foods stores and said they are great about keeping their stock high and getting daily deliveries. I have a few things in my cart right now.

I have a cart but can't get a delivery because there's no delivery times for the next couple of days 😆

essnce629 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by marymoo86 View Post
    I have a cart but can't get a delivery because there's no delivery times for the next couple of days
    True, I just placed an order and the earliest delivery window was Sunday from 8-10pm.

Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40