Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default Who has a bernedoodle?

We have been looking for a long time for another dog. We need some kind of doodle because of the low shed. Have recently been looking at bernedoodles (Bernese mountain/poodle). Anyone have one or any other doodle you want to share about?

ArizonaGirl is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We have a golden doodle and love him to bits. We also have a cockapoo.

I recommend doodlekisses, community as they have a ton of info on doodles and what to expect.

Both of mine shed a bit, but not as much as a purebred. Dood's can be very wild puppies tho.
    Lindsey

Married to DH June 2005 gave birth to Shawn December 2008 and Lilian August 2012

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

my sister has a mini one and loves him!
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We have a mini. He was a super chill puppy but kind of hyper as a “teen”. He’s 2 and starting to chill again. He’s a sweet cuddly guy. Is a big chewer (but good about sticking to toys...he just goes through toys like crazy). Was easy to potty train...which could also be that we have a 4 year old collie he followed around.
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

Well, we just put down a deposit. I hope I don't regret this. Or, perhaps, I hope I don't regret this EVERY day. DH is so happy and the kids will be thrilled. We are keeping it a secret for now and will pick up a week from Saturday. We have been thinking about this for like a year but now it seems to be happening rather quickly. There was only one left in the litter though!

I did join the doodlekisses forum, thanks for that recommendation.

scrooks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Melaine- did you get your bernedoodle? We just lost our 14 year old Havanese and we are already talking about a new dog. Bernedoodles are on the top of our list as my husband wants a bigger dog and I am wanting a low shedding dog.

ArizonaGirl is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by scrooks View Post
    Melaine- did you get your bernedoodle? We just lost our 14 year old Havanese and we are already talking about a new dog. Bernedoodles are on the top of our list as my husband wants a bigger dog and I am wanting a low shedding dog.
    I would strongly suggest joining www.doodlekisses.com

We have a Goldendoodle and we love him to bits. He does shed some tho and he is much calmer now at 4.5 years old, but for the first 2 years he was a total spaz and required quite a bit of training. Just want you to know what you are getting yourself into...

Sorry for the loss of your pup, it is so hard to lose an animal.
    Lindsey

Married to DH June 2005 gave birth to Shawn December 2008 and Lilian August 2012

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I can't speak to the mix but our neighbors have a full Bernese mountain dog and she's seriously the best dog ever and will probably be trained as a therapy dog. We were just chatting about how she'd be a superspreader of Coronavirus because she has so many fans in the neighborhood and literally everyone stops to pet her. The UPS guy stops even when they don't have packages ��

Quote Originally Posted by scrooks View Post
    Yes! We got her on March 12. She has been wonderful! I am amazed by her honestly. The breeder (who breeds other doodles as well) said she felt that Bernedoodles are very "zen" compared to some of the other doodles which has definitely proven true for her. She has picked up commands at a shocking speed and is very "chill" compared to our other dogs. She doesn't bark much at this point. She sleeps a lot, but she has grown SO much so that could be why. She legitimately doesn't shed, we just find a random fuzz ball once in awhile, and not as much since we've gotten her groomed. Her fur is SO soft. She has been sick twice and had to have antibiotics but now that her stomach seems settled she is doing great health-wise. She is really sweet! The kids are totally in love with her. It's been wonderful for us.

urquie is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

She sounds great… Would love to see some photos! :-)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast