Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mikey0709 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We did US side of NF in 2019 - just a quick overnight trip. Kids LOVED it. Didnt cross as we didn't have passports - but still loved the trip and totally worth it if you can only do NY side. we did the triple pass for attractions - and would def do again and recommend. both sides have the attractions passes. Absolute favorite was the walk behind the falls - they want to return just to do that again! they even give you sandals to wear - never been so wet! incredible experience. I know the canadian side is usually the recommended, but we could have spent another night on just the NY side and would certainly go back...so don't discount NY side.

Last August we did Corning museum of glass during pandemic. VERY limited amount of people let in, and i didn't preplan so we had to change our day because we couldn't get it when we wanted. BUT - so few people there i felt like we had a museum to ourselves. Must have advanced reservations! Great visit,and could have seen more but kids (preteen and teen) were bored after a few hours. yes - couldn't do all glass activities because you had to pick up next day which was dissappointing for us, and activity we could do wasn't worth it for us (glass sandblasting - basically you just put stickers on a glass and they blasted for you - should have skipped).

I live in PA and recommend Hershey park - but again must MAKE advance reservations. Try to go during the week if your going for the park. My son was there opening day a few weeks ago and barely got on a handful of rides due to wait times (short staffed, rides closed due to weather and long lines at what was open). DEFINATELY stop at Chocolate world (outside the park so its free to get in) - they have a free tour ride and quite a few attractions in chocolate world that i recommend (4d movie, choc making). Many times if we are local we just stop at chocolate world for lunch, free ride and to do some shopping - we love the bakery. Parking was always free up to 2 or 3 hours IF you were only doing choc world. You CAN spend a few hours just doing choc world - but again make advance reservations.

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Am I missing something? This original post was from 2020, precovid shut down.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

Quote Originally Posted by wendibird22 View Post
    Am I missing something? This original post was from 2020, precovid shut down.
    Yes, I was totally confused until I saw the date. 11 days before the world stopped. A totally different viewpoint!

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I did not notice! I usually do notice an old thread being revived but missed this one. Clearly OP didn’t make it to Canada last year and sadly this year is iffy too. I do have a friend who managed to get in last summer but only because her parents are citizens.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I didn’t notice either. Just saw the last response. I have heard the falls is a better experience from the Canadian side as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

ncat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I think I accidentally responded to an old post and blocked current international travel issues out of my mind. I miss normal so, so much.
    ncat
    mama to DD 12/04, DS1 11/08, and DS2 7/13

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

It's so strange how a year changes everything, I was about to comment "this didn't age well". Yes, sadly the Canadian border is likely to remain closed to tourists possibly into Sept. We are desperate to visit my dad who is 85, as citizens we can enter but they currently have a 14 day quarantine requirement (and they do send someone out to check on you sometimes and it's strictly followed) and I don't have the time to sit by myself in Canada for 14 days (also don't get vacation time from my job).

If Niagara is a destination, hold off till you can do the Canadian side.

OP here. Yes, this was the first time it worked out that I was way late on planning our summer vacation since it did not happen at all. I'm holding onto this itinerary. My oldest graduates in 2022. I still have this trip and a Washington DC road trip on my wish list. I'll see which one wins out next summer.

We did send off for kid passports on March 11th and finally got them at the end of August, so we can go somewhere.... eventually.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2