Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I don’t know, I just think Nikes are like that, particularly the ones that aren’t their basketball shoes or something that would be sold in Foot Locker. DS is 10, and we’ve mostly only bought Nikes for him. We will usually get a couple of months wear before something starts wearing away. We usually replace them every five or six months. At the beginning of this school year, DS chose a pair of Under Armours. I told DH last month I couldn’t believe how well they were holding up. They were a little dirty and we were starting to see some very slight signs of wear. But at this point, his Nikes are usually looking pretty beat up.
    Last edited by carolinacool; 03-04-2020 at 10:11 PM.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

Last week we replaced a pair of nikes that were less than 2 months old. Started wearing them the first day of school back from Christmas break. Uniform compliant so worn every weekday, but rarely on the weekends. The tops became super fuzzy - like threads pulling away before it started detaching in a weird spot in front of the toes. I wondered if they were real as I’ve never had Nike’s wear out in that manner (although it was a slightly different style than we had in the past)r, but, didn’t want another pair of nikes regardless. I left a negative review and opted for UA instead. Worth a shot for you to try.

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Does he drag the toe of his shoes when he walks? My youngest one is really hard on his shoes, I think that he sometimes unnecessarily drags the front toe of his sneakers when he walks and it does cause extra wear and tear. His brothers get new shoes, bc they outgrow them. He gets new shoes, bc he is so hard on them. Sometimes it is the kid, sometimes it is a combo of the shoe quality and kid. He is also a big fan of Nike, while my older two consistently wear asics... my husband has had trouble with Nike shoes not holding up either. I think that Nike has wimpy soles, but I personally prefer thicker soles (asics), so I always just assumed it was due to personal preference.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
    Does he drag the toe of his shoes when he walks? My youngest one is really hard on his shoes, I think that he sometimes unnecessarily drags the front toe of his sneakers when he walks and it does cause extra wear and tear. His brothers get new shoes, bc they outgrow them. He gets new shoes, bc he is so hard on them. Sometimes it is the kid, sometimes it is a combo of the shoe quality and kid. He is also a big fan of Nike, while my older two consistently wear asics... my husband has had trouble with Nike shoes not holding up either. I think that Nike has wimpy soles, but I personally prefer thicker soles (asics), so I always just assumed it was due to personal preference.
    Hmm...that's a great point. I'll have to pay attention and see if I notice it. He's been wearing some Adidas and the toes don't show any dirt or anything (white soles, light grey material), but they may be too new still. My favorite pair of shoes ever were Asics! They held up so well and then discontinued the style I liked.

khm is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MSWR0319 View Post
    Hmm...that's a great point. I'll have to pay attention and see if I notice it. He's been wearing some Adidas and the toes don't show any dirt or anything (white soles, light grey material), but they may be too new still. My favorite pair of shoes ever were Asics! They held up so well and then discontinued the style I liked.
    I'd google for reviews of that particular shoe. I'd bet that particular model probably just isn't that durable and others have complained too. I'd include copies those reviews with your Nike return to try and up your chances of a voucher.

I feel like it really depends on the kid and the shoe. My boys wear their sneakers daily and play hard. 3-4 months is about the limit of most around here - they have holes and are in pretty bad shape at that point. They prefer Adidas and Nike.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

Did you specifically ask for a return shipping label? I recently had to send back two pair of Adidas shoes and they sent me a shipping label for both pair.

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My 8 yr old is hard on his shoes, and loves red nikes. He typically only gets them to last a few months. My older DS is not hard on his shoes, and he has had them last forever.

Funny how several have suggest UA shoes. My older DS has had 2 pairs of UA shoes get holes in just a month or two. He is not hard on his shoes at all. I finally told him he could no longer get UA shoes, because they are not good quality.

elbenn is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by WatchingThemGrow View Post
    We had bad luck with Nike the last 2 years. They have gotten holes around the toes in 2 kids’ shoes.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Same. Currently have a pair of Nikes only about 2 months old and I just noticed a hole in the toe. They replaced a pair of Nikes that were still perfect but had a hole in the toe (although those Nikes were worn about 4 months). It's frustrating.

catsnkid is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We haven't purchased Nikes in years as they don't fit DS, but three months sounds ridiculous. The only shoes we had that fell apart that quickly were from payless. He has a pair of NB now that have lasted for everyday since last summer and still look good. No serious snow exposure or wear and tear other than gym. The previous two pair we had were under armour and those held up well too.
    DS 6/09

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2