anonomom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Anyone Used Follett Book Fairs?

Just wondering what they’re like. Our school has used Scholastic for pretty much forever, and I like them a lot, but I’m wondering if a change would be good.
    DC1 -- 2005 DD -- 2009 DS -- 2011

cmo is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Yes, we have had them at our middle school for the past two years and really like them. Their set-up is similar to Scholastic, with the big rolling carts that open up for display, some tabletop items, they provide the register, signage, and promo materials. The selection and quality are better, but the price points are higher. There is some customization available, I think we were allowed to choose 3 themes from a list of a dozen or so (sports, gaming, adult novels/cookbooks, science, award winners, etc.). Scholastic was not as good for the middle school ages, and it seemed we saw the same old stuff year after year, so we decided to give Follett a try.

m4nash is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

No experience with Follett. Our elementary uses Scholastic, but our middle school uses a locally owned bookstore. I really love that the middle school supports a local business. The prices are a little higher, but they really try to personalize it to the interests of the kids at our middle school. Just wanted to throw that out there as another potential option to research.