Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default Stitch Fix $75 off!

I just got my first fix and I received this offer to share: $75 credit for your first fix. That will definitely get you a free item or two with no risk! This offer is good for only 47 hours it says.
    https://www.stitchfix.com/invite/srm...94&sod=w&som=c

I was pretty surprised with my selection. All the items fit perfectly and were all in my colors and totally my style. In fact, they were so in keeping with my style that I already had a couple of them. For me the prices were a little high but I am extremely cheap as ya'll know Next time I will request no jewelry because I just feel like I can find my own jewelry that wouldn't be so expensive. The necklace was cute, but not worth $28.

I love the jeans they sent and they fit like a glove, which really surprised me.

They also sent me a floral print faux wrap dress and when I first saw it, I thought it would be a bit short but I actually love the way it fits and it will be my Easter dress. So I got a great pair of jeans and a great dress which were almost free with the credit. The other two items that I am returning are a grey cardigan (similar to others I own) and a jean jacket (already have one I love) so those will go back. But 100% all of the items I received looked good on me, fit me, and I would get lots of wear out of all of them. I was pleasantly surprised.

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I used your link. I am late to the stitch fix game, so figured this would be a good chance to try it. I haven't had time to go shopping lately due to work, so I am hoping that something will work out.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

Quote Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
    I used your link. I am late to the stitch fix game, so figured this would be a good chance to try it. I haven't had time to go shopping lately due to work, so I am hoping that something will work out.
    Yes, me too. I think maybe they are making a new marketing push for people like us who never signed up the first round but were interested. Make sure that you go through the whole survey until the end. They have a pinterest-y looking part where you can click on outfits you like and even make comments. They obviously relied on those to make my choices.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

That's totally a good deal if you're new to Stitch Fix! I did it for a couple of years and ended up canceling. Unfortunately I found that I always LOVED the clothes when they first arrived/first try on and you have such a short period of time to decide that I'd keep stuff and then after wearing for a day, they didn't fit as well as they did on first try-on (constantly tugging up bottoms, things stretching out to weird shapes) and then after washing it would be even worse. I have several Stitch Fix items that I thought I loved but NEVER WEAR now. So just think through each piece thoroughly!

I would recommend that if at all possible, you try on the clothes for as long as possible (on a day you don't leave home). Make sure the pants stay put where you want them to during some of your daily activities and not just standing in front of a mirror. And that the flattering scoop neck on the shirt you love doesn't flash your boobs every time you bend over to pick up a dog toy. Keep track of the brands you tend to like - and then search for sale items on Nordstrom/Nordstrom Rack or Amazon.

Thanks for the tips, ladies! I actually put a note in my request about pants. I have a difficult time finding pants that fit me well (a bit of a mommy pooch, NO butt, but muscular calves make it difficult to find fitted pants, especially since I am short, I no longer wear straight or wide legged pants), so fit is a big one for me. The same with my upper body, short torso, but larger breast size means I usually end up with tops that are bigger than they have to be, so much so that I swore off button down shirts, bc if they fit me at the bust, they are too big everywhere else.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

Quote Originally Posted by Melaine View Post
    Yes, me too. I think maybe they are making a new marketing push for people like us who never signed up the first round but were interested. Make sure that you go through the whole survey until the end. They have a pinterest-y looking part where you can click on outfits you like and even make comments. They obviously relied on those to make my choices.
    So, I got my first box and I think I am only going to keep two items, that are IMO overpriced if it wasn't for the promo. The pants they sent were awful, one was baggy, another one has zippers on it that drew attention to my belly, which I had said was a problem area. I got two shirts that were the same thing, but in two different colors, which I thought was strange. I liked the style, but one of the colors was super unflattering for my skin tone. Then one of the shirts I am keeping is white and black and should basically look good on anyone, lol.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

Quote Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
    So, I got my first box and I think I am only going to keep two items, that are IMO overpriced if it wasn't for the promo. The pants they sent were awful, one was baggy, another one has zippers on it that drew attention to my belly, which I had said was a problem area. I got two shirts that were the same thing, but in two different colors, which I thought was strange. I liked the style, but one of the colors was super unflattering for my skin tone. Then one of the shirts I am keeping is white and black and should basically look good on anyone, lol.
    That does sound disappointing. I am really surprised about two of the same shirt....that just seems lazy! I would give feedback on that. I agree without the promo most of the items were overpriced....but I get a lot of my clothes for $3 from the thrift store so not sure I have a reasonable perspective!

I know! I thought that two of the same shirt was lazy too and both were polka dots, but different colors! If they could have at least sent the shirt in a different pattern, I may have considered it. I did say that I did not want the same stylist again, whoever I got, I felt like they didn't have a clue, especially with the pants with zippers right at the mummy belly area. If the pants wouldn't have had zippers it would have been ok, but I am not paying $88 for casual pants either. Thanks for the opportunity though, I guess I can officially say I tried it, lol. The two shirts I did keep are nice, but also very, "safe" choices. I did intentionally say I didn't want any jeans, bc I am happy with my current selection of jeans and it seems like that is an area where they really thrive at. I also didn't want any accessories, bc I love those things, but only buy them if they are a really good price!
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

I agree plus accessories, well certainly jewelry, don’t have fit issues! So I can find cute accessories at a good price no problem.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

So...I didn't realize Stitch Fix defaults to auto-enroll. I did not want to continue but my auto-enroll for another year was already charged. Sigh. So I have $49 in credit to use...can I use the $49 towards the "Shop" option rather than getting styled fixes? I really don't want fixes anymore.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast