Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Yes Broadway shows are closed as of 5pm tonight I believe.
    DD1 - 1996
    DD2 - 1999
    DD3 - 2005

Surfaces are for working, not for storing. - Peter Walsh

newnana is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by cuca_ View Post
    I just got a notification That New York has prohibited all gatherings of 500 people or more, and that it includes Broadway shows. That just came through in my New York Times notifications.
    That news will make this bitter pill so much easier for her to swallow and not all mom's fault. THANK YOU!!

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I just put two and two together and realized you are the one I sent the Anne Boylen ornament to for Christmas to go with tickets. I’m so sorry she’s so disappointed! Is there anything I could send again as a consolation? I am supposed to go to Hampton Court this weekend and I’m sure they have plenty of stuff. Or I could see if I can get anything at the theater, like a T-shirt or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nfceagles View Post
    I just put two and two together and realized you are the one I sent the Anne Boylen ornament to for Christmas to go with tickets. I’m so sorry she’s so disappointed! Is there anything I could send again as a consolation? I am supposed to go to Hampton Court this weekend and I’m sure they have plenty of stuff. Or I could see if I can get anything at the theater, like a T-shirt or something.

oh my goodness, how sweet! Yes, that's me Thank you for the offer, my mom senses are skewed right now. I think a reminder of what she's missing would be bad right now? No CLUE! under normal circumstances she would be overjoyed by something from there. Thank you sooooo much.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by pinkmomagain View Post
    Yes Broadway shows are closed as of 5pm tonight I believe.
    Yes; it's on Playbill here:

https://www.playbill.com/article/bro...virus-concerns
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by newnana View Post
    oh my goodness, how sweet! Yes, that's me Thank you for the offer, my mom senses are skewed right now. I think a reminder of what she's missing would be bad right now? No CLUE! under normal circumstances she would be overjoyed by something from there. Thank you sooooo much.
    Yeah, I get how that could be the case. Good luck rescheduling for summer.

kdeunc is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I hope that you are able to have a good break without NYC! It is amazing the difference a few days can make. Earlier in the thread I was a vote for go and now I would feel completely different about a trip for myself. I am glad that the show was cancelled. That does help mom not be the bad guy. We have tickets on Sunday for a touring show and as of now it is still on, despite the Governor strongly suggesting no events over 100 people. This is DS2's Christmas present. I hate to lose $500, but I also hate to think about exposing my family. We are strongly leaning toward not going.
    Kelly

DS 1 12-02
    DS 2 12-04
    DD 07-08

Before I had a chance to call or request a reimbursement on the tickets, ticketmaster emailed a form letter stating records indicated that our show had been impacted and a refund would be posted to my account for the cancelled show, no further action was needed on my part. By far that's been the easiest thing to get reimbursed. The hotel stated I was outside the cancellation window on their automated form and phone line, but they had an online form to submit a request to correct, fingers crossed, because that was the most expensive part of the trip. Other places I've emailed and a couple have said they'd reimbursed, some I haven't heard back from.

DD is much better now seeing everything shutting down like mad - here, there, everywhere. She's back to her normal peppy self. Her own play rehearsal has been suspended until mid April. While she was super bummed about that, I know she could use the rest. Between her AP classes and the play and some other extra curriculars she's been wearing herself out and a few days of extra sleep and vegging and being in nature around here will be a much needed respite. The rest of what we're planning I have no idea.

I was hoping to get an isolated cabin in the mountains with wifi. I had to run to the grocery store last night because we're out of fresh stuff since we weren't planning on being here. The grocery store was INSANE. No beef. 2 packages of frozen chicken breasts left. Very picked over cheese and egg selection. Only red potatoes left? Stores are being wiped bare. DH is worried about looters now, so don't think I can convince him to leave the house.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8