Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Whether our schools close or not, I'm pretty sure my kids will not be attending school next week if not starting tomorrow. I know that the hesitation is because of students without adequate food security and safe childcare and am hoping our district can figure out a way to address at least the food. DS2's school has an assembly tomorrow. That's 350 kids in the gym at one time sitting right up against eachother.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

I think anything you can do to minimize contact between people is positive. So if what you can do is stay home from school but you have a crucial appointment then you are still helping by staying home when you can. Try to be mindful of not getting sick and absolutely no going out and about if you suspect you are sick. We are planning on staying home from school either immediately or after the weekend. I’m still debating dance class on Friday afternoon and swim on Saturday morning. I’m more pro swim than pro dance class because of the environment and type of contact/number of contacts. If the kids go to either of these activities we will not be spending any extra time there and only one parent will go. I’m not planning on having play dates at this point. The kids can play outside in our yard or even bike in the street. But I don’t want my kids in close contact with friends who might be in close contact with other friends who might...
    momma to DD 12/08 & DS 3/13

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by carolinamama View Post
    Whether our schools close or not, I'm pretty sure my kids will not be attending school next week if not starting tomorrow. I know that the hesitation is because of students without adequate food security and safe childcare and am hoping our district can figure out a way to address at least the food. DS2's school has an assembly tomorrow. That's 350 kids in the gym at one time sitting right up against eachother.
    Maybe the school will cancel assembly in the morning given the risks. My kids will normally have assembly Monday morning too, and I'm hoping they cancel it. Why can't they just go directly to their classrooms and get announcements and say prayers there??
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by carolinamama View Post
    My kids will go tomorrow, not so sure about next week if it's not cancelled. Spring break the following week.) They sent out an email basically saying they are waiting for positive cases in our county before closing. So Monday feels unlikely for me. I have a friend who works with a doctor who came back from Italy 2 weeks ago and now she has all the symptoms of the virus and has missed 2 days of work so far but still hasn't even been tested yet...
    Angie

Mom to
    DD- 9/09-9/09
    DS- 2011 DS2- 2012 DS3- 2015 DD-2019

With spring break added in, my kids will be out of school for an entire month. It's the right call, I just think it may have been made too late for many areas of the US, including mine. I already work from home and am used to having the house to myself, now both kids and my husband will be here. It's definitely going to be an adjustment, but earbuds are my friends!

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Indianamom2 View Post
    With spring break added in, my kids will be out of school for an entire month. It's the right call, I just think it may have been made too late for many areas of the US, including mine. I already work from home and am used to having the house to myself, now both kids and my husband will be here. It's definitely going to be an adjustment, but earbuds are my friends!
    We’re officially home for two weeks but I’m planning for four weeks at a minimum. I am a SAHM with a DH who travels quite a bit. He’s used to being alone on the road and I’m used to being alone at home. DC are rowdy when they’re together- it’s going to be interesting!!

Quote Originally Posted by gatorsmom View Post
    Maybe the school will cancel assembly in the morning given the risks. My kids will normally have assembly Monday morning too, and I'm hoping they cancel it. Why can't they just go directly to their classrooms and get announcements and say prayers there??
    Your school needs to get with the science and close. The minimum should not be assembling all the kids in one place and hoping for the best. I’d keep my kids home if the school was so behind. Here, secular private schools led the closures and Catholic tried to do business as usual resulting in more than one confirmed case in their schools. They’ve now been forced to close by the state but really didn’t do much to help before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2