Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Can you Freeze Yogurt?

I know you can freeze milk, but can you freeze yogurt? I have yogurt every day for breakfast. I usually use the 32 ounce containers of Chobani non fat Greek yogurt. Dry milk won't be the same so I am wondering if I can freeze yogurt?????
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

We freeze the tubes and they thaw well - but most of the time they eat them like ice cream

I bet the small packages would freeze okay not sure I'd do a large tub.

DD1 MiniMoo 11/10
    DD2 MiniMoo2 9/13

“I have certain rules I live by. My first rule I don't believe anything the government tells me. and I don't take very seriously the media, or the press, in this country." - George Carlin

smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We’ve frozen the tubes too. If you want to freeze big tubs maybe do ice cube trays to break it up
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

khm is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by StantonHyde View Post
    I know you can freeze milk, but can you freeze yogurt? I have yogurt every day for breakfast. I usually use the 32 ounce containers of Chobani non fat Greek yogurt. Dry milk won't be the same so I am wondering if I can freeze yogurt?????
    I know you cannot freeze Costco's Tzatziki, which is basically Greek Yogurt, right?

Our Costco had it intermittently, and a Costco lady said "Oh, you can pretty much freeze anything from here" so I bought a spare. NOPE. It thawed into a soupy liquid mess. The "creamy" just..... went away. Fail.

Maybe it's the lemon that makes it fail? I dunno. I'd test a single one before freezing in bulk.

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Plain yogurt lasts for weeks if not months if it's unopened though so I don't know if I'd bother freezing it.

Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

You can freeze it - it won't hurt you when it's thawed. However, the texture gets weird and I would guess that the good bugs would be killed. We do freeze it occasionally, when we overbuy, and then use it in smoothies, but not to just eat plain.

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

You can freeze milk?? How did I not know this? Do I just stick a gallon in the freezer?

Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

To freeze milk - pour off some to leave room to expand, maybe two cups or so off of a gallon. Then just freeze. Thaw in fridge, shake well and use.

I mix the yogurt with oatmeal. I want to freeze it as part of my 2 week supply. Although DH works his first shift as the “Covid” doctor tomorrow night so we’ll see....
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle View Post
    Plain yogurt lasts for weeks if not months if it's unopened though so I don't know if I'd bother freezing it.
    At this moment I'm still finishing off some Siggi's yogurt that expired mid February. The lids aren't expanding or bursting at all, in fact they look unchanged so I figured I'd try it. It tastes fine. Before I left for vacation I had been eating it for over a week. I thought the kids said they liked it and bought a bunch. Little stinkers, I hate when they change their minds like that.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast