Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: schools closing

Quote Originally Posted by NCGrandma View Post
    Three large public school systems around here just announced closures starting Monday (in some cases, by starting spring break early). So Duke and UNC faculty who are trying to move all instruction online will need to do so with their kids underfoot... (At least at UNC, next week is supposed to be spent learning how to use the online instruction options.)

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains
    Oh wow. School has not closed here, but they announced several new procedures today. All field trips of been canceled. I’m so sad for DS who was supposed to go to the coast at the end of April. Only parents and guardians are allowed in school, and they can only go as far as the office. No classroom visits. Any sort of parent-teacher conference now needs to happen by phone. No gatherings of more than 100 people, which I imagine will affect any proms happening in early April. Sports have also been put on hold until the beginning of April.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DS1's school (private HS in Los Angeles) shut down today and tomorrow and then they have spring break for the next 2 weeks.

We haven't heard any news about DS2's school (public independent charter) closing yet.

Sent from my SM-A600P using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by PZMommy View Post
    He must be getting the same info the superintendent in Los Angeles is, although our union is demanding they shut down, and as teachers we spent all day preparing to shut down after tomorrow.
    Completely agree. Parents need to prepare... give them notice that this will happen at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Default Breakn

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ms.pacman♥ View Post
    we are on spring break now - just got notification that school next week is closed too.
    while super annoying and inconvenient, it is the right decision. right after spring break i'm sure many have traveled and kids in school is just going to make it spread super fast.
    Our school (private) said it reserves the right to require anyone traveling during spring break or distance learning to submit proof of good health from a physician before being allowed to return to school, and definitely will require for any international travel, plus two week quarantine if travel to level 2 or 3 country. Nearly everyone has cancelled travel anywhere by plane.

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

SF Bay Area here.. We got a message saying our district has been advised by public health NOT to cancel school but we can choose to keep the kids home without penalty. Ds wants to go.

I wonder if the reasons are things like child care and food insecurity, vs public health.

San Francisco itself has closed schools.
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

All the area public schools are closed tomorrow. Admin will be discussing how to proceed. Most private schools are still on spring break.

Province-wide all gatherings of 250 or more have been cancelled. All libraries, pools, arenas etc are closed. Universities have gone to distance learning.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    DS, Summer '07

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." ~Jack Layton

My kids school district announced in emails after their BOE meeting earlier to tonight, with tomorrow as the kids last day of school. Monday is closed to students while teachers get a day of prep to prepare for online instruction, effective Tuesday until April 3rd! Then it’s our spring break and resume classes on 14th, that’s if conditions are good to reopen.

Club soccer team is pushing our season back till end of March instead of this weekend as the opening date. I feel baseball will follow...will see as their official start date doesn’t start until early April though. Surreal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

almostmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Boston suburbs here, and school is closed until end of March. School sports tryouts postponed until then as well. All play-off games cancelled. Not sure if there will be online learning.
    Liz

DS 11/03
    DD 12/05

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We just got the email. DS2's school and all of Los Angeles Unified schools are closed starting Monday.

Sent from my SM-A600P using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

There are closures in nearby districts, and an early dismissal today (3/13) and Monday (3/16) to plan for remote learning.

They've canceled a PTO event that was scheduled for next Friday, as well as postponed the high school's spring musical performance.

The ice rink where DD takes skating lessons is closed through Monday at least, all libraries' public programs have been canceled through 4/13, and I've postponed the special meeting I was going to hold for my Girl Scouts on Sunday.

I strongly suspect that they will go remote starting next week, but they're moving quite slowly at this point - no cases have been reported in the county, although there are folks under observation (2 people at a party that was held in Princeton last weekend have been announced as presumed positives in the state's count.)

If the schools close, I've got another troop meeting to call off this month.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast