Default Overly Anxious Co-Workers

I work in healthcare so I am going to work every day. There are some people who have chosen to telecommute but pretty much, we all have to be here. I share my office with a wonderful person, who is very safety conscience but not overly anxious. I'm the one with an anxiety diagnosis--take my meds every day, exercise, etc. Guess who is OBSESSED with social media and the news????? OMG, Karen--stay off of Facebook!! Do not check the news on your lunch break!!! We are getting fantastic, valid information from our leadership--just read those emails and stay away from everything else. She does have a super anxious, unmedicated, un-therapied husband at home so she is coming to work to escape him. But I don't want to hear about every news article or post she finds!!!!!!!

Meanwhile, my DH is working in the ED as "the Covid doctor". I'm not freaking out. I am prepared but not panicked. I have snoozed 3 people on Facebook because they are being so alarmist. I only check the news once per day. I am glad there are people who have the privilege of working from home, but we really don't. So here we are.

Moving on........
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I'm with you, I work in nursing homes, and each day we come to work there are new rules/strategies/policies. I worked through a scabies outbreak which let me tell you required more masks/gowns etc than this so far. We are doing everything to protect the most vulnerable, on a side note, my neighbor asked me in to have a glass of wine, as we do often (and did last Mon and Tues for Bachelor nights) and her conspiracy theorist husband flipped out, told me to GET OUT NOW! We thought he was kidding, but as his face was like a madman we realized he was serious. I was literally just standing there with my own glass of wine, she started to cry as he berated her saying "I told you no visitors". I respect their privacy and home, but his method was wrong. Of course, this guy went off a few weeks ago when the Democratic debate was on and they were talking about Pete Buttigeig, the display of homophobic ranting/physical "gay" references and acting out sexual acts was disgusting and I left that night.When I see her out walking her dog, I will tell her she is welcome in my house but I won't be going back to their house, and honestly I"m her only friend here, her DH is much older and never socializes with anyone. It's amazing how people react.

That sounds awful!! So sorry. I need to find a Facebook group for people who still have to go to work or join a nurses group even though I am not one
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Sorry to hijack your BP! I agree most of my friends locally or around the country and back home are all so worried about how to keep busy, posting pics of family game days, etc, and myself and my coworkers are just trying to get through the days. I'm also faced with fear that if I am forced to stay home if our companies pull us out, I don't get any pay, I'm prn so no sick time, pto etc and not eligible for unemployment.

Our nurses, cna's, housekeepers, dietary staff are amazing and it's so great to see everyone pulling together!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

My boss is the one who is overly anxious, BUT only when it comes to herself. This is a huge problem, bc she doesn't seem to give a crap about our staff or patients. My coworker and I had a vent session about this today, I don't think that our manager (who has no healthcare background) will understand this until someone she personally knows is affected. However, in the meantime she has been glued to social media and has been acting like she's in junior high and really immature, and not doing a good job with creating a calm and supportive environment for staff.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs