Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Meal Kits?

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by boss1 View Post
    I would love a code for Marley Spoon, if anyone has one. I'm thinking of giving this one a try.
    If you still need one, PM me

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Another idea: Some of our local restaurants are putting together "quarantine kits" for curbside delivery. I think it's a GREAT idea and feel like more and more restaurants are trying it out! It's food that they would normally order for their own kitchens to serve to dining room guests, but instead packaged into kits for the general public. It's great because a lot of the food comes from local sources and thus helps out local farms, etc. We just picked one up today that had a whole chicken, wagyu ground beef, flank steak, sourdough bread, eggs, butter, oranges, broccoli, potatoes, half a honeydew melon, a gallon of milk, and a roll of TP LOL. Check FB for things like this - I'm sure anyone who works in IT is slammed so it's unlikely restaurants can get this info on their websites quickly, but they can easily get this info on social media quickly! They're not necessarily meal kits, but a good basic selection of protein/veggies/fruit that could replace a trip to the grocery. We tipped as if we dined in. Ordering something like this every now and then plus picking up our regular CSA veggies is a refreshing change for navigating empty grocery store aisles. We also try to order regular restaurant takeout once or twice a week to help support local restaurants...many restaurants are offering curbside delivery, and some are selling "family meal packs" - our local Black Walnut cafe is selling meal packs, all fully cooked, designed for families of 4, ranging from $26-$36 which is a great deal! We ordered one yesterday, tipped as if we dined in, and really enjoyed our piping hot Chicken Bailey dinner with mashed potatoes, garlic bread, and salad.
    Last edited by twowhat?; 03-23-2020 at 11:01 AM.

div_0305 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    Another idea: Some of our local restaurants are putting together "quarantine kits" for curbside delivery. I think it's a GREAT idea and feel like more and more restaurants are trying it out! It's food that they would normally order for their own kitchens to serve to dining room guests, but instead packaged into kits for the general public. It's great because a lot of the food comes from local sources and thus helps out local farms, etc. We just picked one up today that had a whole chicken, wagyu ground beef, flank steak, sourdough bread, eggs, butter, oranges, broccoli, potatoes, half a honeydew melon, a gallon of milk, and a roll of TP LOL. Check FB for things like this - I'm sure anyone who works in IT is slammed so it's unlikely restaurants can get this info on their websites quickly, but they can easily get this info on social media quickly! They're not necessarily meal kits, but a good basic selection of protein/veggies/fruit that could replace a trip to the grocery. We tipped as if we dined in. Ordering something like this every now and then plus picking up are regular CSA veggies is a refreshing change for navigating empty grocery store aisles.
    I love that!! How creative and entrepreneurial spirited businesses can be! I would totally prefer to patronize our local restaurants if they do something like this!! Some of these businesses are staples around us--always giving to the community in good times--others not, so I'd only patronize the former!

Myira is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I follow Jill and she posted a review of Splendid Spoon which is Whole Foods plant based. May be useful to those of us here that eat this way-

https://youtu.be/cnpVXso0EyE

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    DD 10/2008
    DS 09/2011

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle View Post
    If you still need one, PM me
    I just tried to send you a PM and your box is full.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    I just tried to send you a PM and your box is full.

Cleaned it out (had ones going back to 2010!) and sent you a pm.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle View Post
    Cleaned it out (had ones going back to 2010!) and sent you a pm.
    Thanks!

Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

If anyone has discount or coupon codes for new customers at any of the meal kit companies that are still sending shipments, please PM me! I had a coupon to rejoin Hello Fresh but it wouldn't accept it (said it was expired, though the coupon clearly said it was good until May 31, 2020). I chatted with customer support and they said they weren't allowing anyone to reactivate right now due to the virus. But then I went through and it let me reactivate my account without the coupon. So I guess as long as I pay full price they let me, but I can't use coupons right now

div_0305 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ang79 View Post
    If anyone has discount or coupon codes for new customers at any of the meal kit companies that are still sending shipments, please PM me! I had a coupon to rejoin Hello Fresh but it wouldn't accept it (said it was expired, though the coupon clearly said it was good until May 31, 2020). I chatted with customer support and they said they weren't allowing anyone to reactivate right now due to the virus. But then I went through and it let me reactivate my account without the coupon. So I guess as long as I pay full price they let me, but I can't use coupons right now
    I heard that with Marley & Spoon, too. So I only sent you a PM for Sunbasket referral coupon--their website didn't say coupons were no longer accepted. Hope it works! If anyone else wants one, please PM me .

Quote Originally Posted by ang79 View Post
    We are trying HomeChef. It was easy enough to make and about half our family liked it (which is typical..) I will send you a pm with a code if you still want it ($35 credit.) We haven't done any others so not sure how it compares though.
    Angie

Mom to
    DD- 9/09-9/09
    DS- 2011 DS2- 2012 DS3- 2015 DD-2019

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast