Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    petesgirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default DS is coughing and my anxiety is through the roof!

DS1 came and snuggled in bed with me this morning and then promptly started hacking!! I jumped up and grabbed the thermometer, but no fever. UGH!!
    DS2 has had a runny nose for a few days and DS1 does have allergies...maybe it's just that?
    If one person gets CV there is no stopping it from spreading to the rest of us. We don't have a large house and all spend most of our time together in the main living room/kitchen area, and I've been sitting right next to DS1 most days helping him with schoolwork and typing on the same keyboard. I just stripped my bed sheets and threw them in the wash but not before DS2 ran up and nuzzled his face right into them as I was walking.
    I'm not usually a germaphobe but this is turning me into one!
    Last edited by petesgirl; 03-19-2020 at 12:13 PM.
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

Both of my kids have been coughing with a fever and sinus gunk. Their lungs are clear though and they get this allergy crud same time every year.

I was super nervous but after antibiotics for ear infections both kids are mostly ok, but still coughing. When my oldest woke up with the fever and cough last Friday he did cry because he was afraid he was going to die from CV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Elle

DS1: 10/08 (the “tenager”)
    DS2: 07/18 (the wild one)

Philly Mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We are in the same boat. I know it is allergies, but is driving me nuts just the same. I also am coughing but it is a wet cough from my allergies. And I am this way every spring, I am still slightly panicked. Intellectually, I know it is nothing but still...

Now my boys are spitting in each other's faces. We're doomed.
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."

My husband was sent home from work today because he popped a fever and was having trouble breathing through his face mask. As I’ve said before, he has previous lung damage and breathing through face masks is difficult anyway, but he is a health care worker.

He drove himself to a drive thru testing site and has been waiting for over 3 hours.

I am scared y’all. I have already been scared for my husband because of his pre-existing conditions, but now I’m also scared for our children. I don’t know what to do.

~Elle

Philly Mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Reyadawnbringer View Post
    My husband was sent home from work today because he popped a fever and was having trouble breathing through his face mask. As I’ve said before, he has previous lung damage and breathing through face masks is difficult anyway, but he is a health care worker.

He drove himself to a drive thru testing site and has been waiting for over 3 hours.

I am scared y’all. I have already been scared for my husband because of his pre-existing conditions, but now I’m also scared for our children. I don’t know what to do.

Sending you lots of hugs.

Oh no!! I'm so sorry! Hopefully he can the best care and quickly because he is a health care worker.
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

Globetrotter is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I think we are all on alert.

Hugs Reyadawnbringer

I know it’s a stressful time for you.
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Sending you lots of hugs and P&PT. That is scary! I hope it's allergies flaring up and nothing else, and he's breathing better soon.
    Lizi

Default DS is coughing and my anxiety is through the roof!

Well we may never know. He has been in the drive thru testing line since 1030am and just had to bail out of line (almost 6 hours later) because he still hadn’t made it to the front and was about to pee himself.

There were no restrooms and they aren’t allowed to get out of their car.

I have been going crazy trying to disinfect the house but I’m freaking out, especially since we won’t get any answers now.

~Elle

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast