Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    petesgirl is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Reyadawnbringer View Post
    Well we may never know. He has been in the drive thru testing line since 1030am and just had to bail out of line (almost 6 hours later) because he still hadn’t made it to the front and was about to pee himself.

There were no restrooms and they aren’t allowed to get out of their car.

I have been going crazy trying to disinfect the house but I’m freaking out, especially since we won’t get any answers now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wow, the way this is being handled is just crazy! Shouldn't a health care worker be pushed to the front of the line? I called my son's pediatrician about being tested (we don't need it now but I'm wondering if we will) and they just plain said they don't have any tests and don't know what the protocol is for testing, sorry.
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

Mommy_Mea is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

That is so awful, I am sorry. I can't imagine how stressful this is for you. *hugs*
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyadawnbringer View Post
    Well we may never know. He has been in the drive thru testing line since 1030am and just had to bail out of line (almost 6 hours later) because he still hadn’t made it to the front and was about to pee himself.

There were no restrooms and they aren’t allowed to get out of their car.

I have been going crazy trying to disinfect the house but I’m freaking out, especially since we won’t get any answers now.

DS1 June 2009
    DS2 June 2011

Quote Originally Posted by petesgirl View Post
    Now my boys are spitting in each other's faces. We're doomed.
    I'm sorry--but that cracked me up. Boys.
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

petesgirl is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by StantonHyde View Post
    I'm sorry--but that cracked me up. Boys.
    Good this world needs more laughter.
    I started the morning with them sitting at opposite ends of the table, then in different rooms for morning activities but by lunchtime--meh, all is lost.
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

doberbrat is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

hugs Reyadawnbringer
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by doberbrat View Post
    hugs Reyadawnbringer
    Yes, I was just thinking about you too! How's your DH doing?
    Lizi

Well we found a place for him to be tested on Friday. The results take 4-6 business days to come back.

His breathing was bad enough over the weekend that he was checked for pneumonia and they confirmed he does have pneumonia.

Flu and strep tests were negative. He has been isolated to one room of the house and I am going crazy. I’m scared, worried, and frantic trying to keep the kids away from him and keep them busy, sanitize everything, and work from home.

I am generally hating life right now. I spent most of yesterday crying and now I feel like garbage. Hoping it’s just a head cold from allergies and a day full of crying, but I can’t help but be paranoid now. I’m honestly just miserable. I am furious that it takes so long for the test results to come back and I will be on edge until they do.

DH was already scheduled to see a pulmonologist this coming Friday for his pre-existing lung condition, I wish we had gotten a better handle on it before all this.

~Elle

DS1: 10/08 (the “tenager”)
    DS2: 07/18 (the wild one)

doberbrat is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'm sorry. I'll be thinking of you. Please let me know if there is anything we can do.
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

I’m so sorry. Lots of prayers for him and your family.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

I just want to get through this. I’m so tired. I am trying not to cry anymore so I can at least be able to tell if I am getting sick.

I feel like a prisoner in this house, I’m scared for my kids. I want to keep an eye on my husband, but I also want to flee far away with the kids.

Everyone keeps telling me that everything will be ok, but everywhere I looks says that it will not be ok if he tests positive. How do I reconcile those two?

Honestly, I feel like I’m going to throw up. I am all consumed by this. And I mean, even if he ends up ok, how long can we keep this up? He is a healthcare worker and is expected to be at work if he doesn’t have covid, but this virus is expected to linger around for a long time, so it looks like my life will just be on pins and needles for the foreseeable future. That, or, we have to drastically change our life to somehow live without my husbands income. Which I mean, hey, I might have to figure out how to do that soon anyway.

I don’t know y’all. I’m in a bad place right now.

~Elle

DS1: 10/08 (the “tenager”)
    DS2: 07/18 (the wild one)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast