Thread: Well bummer

petesgirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Well bummer

This is a TOTAL first world problem compared to everything going on right now, but my DH had the big V scheduled for next Friday and they just called and canceled. They are closing for all non emergencies. I know it's the right thing to do, but I was SO looking forward to getting off these darn birth control pills soon!!
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

That is a big bummer. Hope you have enough pills though. Wonder if any of us will end up with a quarantine baby
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

That does stink! And georgiegirl.....I don't know about on this board (I remember that very recent thread where almost everyone here was like "we're done!!!"), but I do predict a big baby boom about 9 months from now.....
    Lizi

Quote Originally Posted by Liziz View Post
    That does stink! And georgiegirl.....I don't know about on this board (I remember that very recent thread where almost everyone here was like "we're done!!!"), but I do predict a big baby boom about 9 months from now.....
    I’m too old (just turned 46), and it seems like a lot of us on here are too old or just done. Personally I can’t imagine how being home with kids for weeks on end and worrying about the end of the world makes anyone want to have sex . It’s probably millennials who don’t have kids yet. Or families who just have one kid who still naps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Haha!! Yep, those newly-married still in college (but not because of CV) are the ones who need to be careful! Honestly, both DH and I are currently too dang exhausted all the time.
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Well bummer

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    I’m too old (just turned 46), and it seems like a lot of us on here are too old or just done. Personally I can’t imagine how being home with kids for weeks on end and worrying about the end of the world makes anyone want to have sex . It’s probably millennials who don’t have kids yet. Or families who just have one kid who still naps.

Aww. Your missing out on the good part of being home together during the day. Kids occupied elsewhere (walk, yardwork, video game on the other side of the house...). Perfect noon time activity.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Aww. Your missing out on the good part of being home together during the day. Kids occupied elsewhere (walk, yardwork, video game on the other side of the house...). Perfect noon time activity.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    My kids aren't good at being occupied elsewhere. They stay occupied by begging for candy, begging me to play with them and spitting at each other. It's not relaxing or calm around here.
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by petesgirl View Post
    My kids aren't good at being occupied elsewhere. They stay occupied by begging for candy, begging me to play with them and spitting at each other. It's not relaxing or calm around here.
    haha my household is more along those line though they arent spitting at eachother THANK YOU LORD I might truly loose it if that happens!

I have good friend who is somewhat happy. "We never have enough family time" "The kids can play together" yippee. Mine scream at eachother so much you can hear it OUTSIDE my house. no amt of loving, cajoling, threatening, punishing etc is helping.
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    !
    This made me laugh 😂. Thank you for that!!