Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default privileged moms using COVID-19 to promote their MLM

OMG. So disgusted with some people's behavior now. We're practically in the end times here, yet so many suburban moms (so-called "boss babes") on Facebook using COVID-19 situation (where people are literally dying, worried about dying, and/or losing their jobs/income) and using it as an opportunity to prey on vulnerable people (people worried about their income) so they can peddle their wares and lure other unsuspecting people to join their pyramid scheme.

if you don't know what i'm talking about, be glad.

i'm seeing so many moms post on and on about how they have a "side-hustle" where they earn extra income just from your phone. posts saying "in these times, wouldn't you want a job where you can work 100% from home AND be with your kids?". eyeroll. Posts about diet shakes, supplements that supposedly boost your immune system and thus make you stronger to fight off coronavirus. Posts bragging how they are so "blessed" to have this "opportunity" to earn money just by being on their phone and how you will regret not joining now. What the eff.

Seriously, the more and more i learn of various MLMs (that documentary VICE did was extremely eye-opening) i think they should be illegal. So many dishonest practices. funny bc i like various MLM products (tupperware, Lipsense) and i think some MLM companies are way better than others, but some are way too much. it rather sickens me people are using it in this way. these are mostly the nice church-going ladies too. ugh.

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I’ve hidden all of them or unfriended them long ago so I haven’t seen it. I’m always confused by who goes all in on these.
    (Plenty of moms live in the suburbs and aren’t into these )

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

That is despicable! And no, I haven’t seen that at all on my FB feed. I’ve mostly seen people offering up their help (teachers offering to help others, crafty friends sewing face masks for health care workers, people offering to grocery shop for elderly friends/relatives.)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Ugggghhhh, yes. A neighbor is pushing Norwex hard as a way to keep everyone healthy and saying their hand towels clean kids hands better than traditional. She's bashing researched disinfection methods and telling everyone to switch to microfiber cloths and just water.

Other people are trying to sell their mlms as a way to replace lost income. MLM business practice insanity aside, Um, who are your customers right now? Who has lots of extra cash to spend if we go into the predicted recession? How are you showing your products if you can't be in the same space as other people to do guilt parties and public booths?

Mommy_Mea is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

This is me too, although a little has leaked through in the past week, and I have tried to filter it with a lot of the other false COVID-19 noise. But yes, maddening!!
    Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    I’ve hidden all of them or unfriended them long ago so I haven’t seen it. I’m always confused by who goes all in on these.
    (Plenty of moms live in the suburbs and aren’t into these )

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    DS1 June 2009
    DS2 June 2011

That's just gross. I'm glad I haven't seen it.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Liziz is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Just the other day, I thought to myself "wow, I haven't seen any of those awful MLM devotees preying on people right now -- I'm shocked!" ..... then I realized it's because the second someone starts posting that sort of things, I remove them from my FB feed as I can't stand that stuff, so I've culled most of it out by now. I'm super disgusted but not at all surprised to hear people are doing that.
    Lizi

ahisma is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I saw a MLM mom touting CBD hand sanitizer today, followed by a suggestion that laid off service workers sign up to sell it.

bisous is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Thankfully I haven't seen any of this. I've mostly seen an outpouring of generosity and free resources with no strings attached. But like many others, I hide the hardcore MLM sellers so maybe that's why my feed is unsullied! Some of the things in this thread are horrifying!

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default privileged moms using COVID-19 to promote their MLM

I am a Beautycounter consultant and I have yet to advertise any specials on my group FB page in the past two weeks as the people who have ordered from me got whatever special is going on info via email so if they want to reorder they will reorder. I just don’t think it is appropriate at this time to post or try to get additional business. My reason for selling was never about the extra income, just a love for good safe products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 03-24-2020 at 04:47 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast