Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Our district just extended to April 17th, which I still think is too optimistic.

Our spring break is 4/4 through 4/12, though, so I truly hope the teachers are able to rest and regroup during that week!
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

speo is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

The governor of California announced today that schools will not reopen this school year. They will continue with online learning.

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Michigan is finding out tomorrow what is happening. I think we are done for the year. I hope there is guidance on going to online learning for at least middle/high school aged kids. Or something more than just being done.
    Kris

ArizonaGirl is online now Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Arizona is done for this school year.
    Lindsey

Married to DH June 2005 gave birth to Shawn December 2008 and Lilian August 2012

ang79 is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

For those that say they are done for the year, are they completely done with school or are they continuing with online lessons? Just curious how everyone else is handling this. Our governor (PA) announced yesterday that schools are closed indefinitely. We were closed for two weeks by governor's order, but no learning was to be required because not all students had access to online methods. Our district spent the last two weeks rewriting curriculum and trying to get all families hooked up with internet access. Luckily they had the foresight to send home chrome books before students left on March 13 with 4th-12th grade. Students started this past Monday and some generic lessons (some online, some packet work) while teachers are training on new online methods. Next week we start the all online work (not sure what they are doing for K-3 yet at this point, because my kids are 5th and 7th grade and will have online work). I do not see us going back at all this year.

My district said will decide Aril 17th, but school resume on 14th. Then the governor said all things to stay sane until end of April. We get out for the summer June 19th, and really doubt they go back for remaining of this year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Looks like CA schools are done for the year but will continue with remote online learning. DS1 started online learning yesterday after his 2 week spring break. His school had 2.5 weeks to figure out their remote learning and got feedback from schools that had to quickly switch over 2 weeks ago so looks like their transition is smoother with less kinks. DS2 doesn't start remote learning till April 20th, after their 2 week spring break, so they will have had 5 weeks to work on their curriculum. I'm hoping it goes smoothly as well. Right now DS2 is working on the printed out packets that his teacher assigned for the first 3 weeks of being home. I let him work on them on his own time. I have no plans to fight with him over something that will never get turned in.

Sent from my SM-A600P using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

jenmcadams is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Colorado just announced in-person learning is done until April 30, but they keep saying it's unlikely that the kids will go back. My kids district closed on 3/20, they did a week of online learning, a week of spring break, and now we're back for week two of online learning
    Mom to a DD (8/02) and a DS (6/05)

Quote Originally Posted by ang79 View Post
    For those that say they are done for the year, are they completely done with school or are they continuing with online lessons?.
    Done for the year, but continuing Online/at home learning.

Quote Originally Posted by ang79 View Post
    For those that say they are done for the year, are they completely done with school or are they continuing with online lessons?
    I know contracts vary by state, but here in NC, I've heard that online lessons must continue in order to continue to pay teachers. We are scheduled to return on May 15, though.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast