Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by PZMommy View Post
    The governor says don't expect the schools to open at all. The districts are saying May 5th based on what the county board of education is saying, but since the experts say it won't peak until early to mid May, I think it is doubtful we will return then. I think they are just giving parents a date to give them hope and to keep them doing some of the work that is being sent home. Our union is telling us to not expect to go back for the remainder of the year.
    Long Beach Unified is out until then as well (originally 4/20....the Monday after spring break ended). The Catholic Diocese of Los Angeles hasn’t updated their days off yet and DD1 is off through 3/31, but I expect it to be longer as well.

My sister teaches near Sacramento and her union has told her the same thing that they are should not be expected to return this school year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Official word is 3/30 but just had orders to close all non-essential business until 4/30. Who knows.
    Last edited by marymoo86; 03-22-2020 at 10:17 PM.

DD1 MiniMoo 11/10
    DD2 MiniMoo2 9/13

“I have certain rules I live by. My first rule I don't believe anything the government tells me. and I don't take very seriously the media, or the press, in this country." - George Carlin

smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

April 14th but I’m certain that will change
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We were one of the first closed (Washington State), and are closed until 4/24. We have remote conferences next week and will learn more. Distance learning is not an option for us, our district is far too poor. I expect we are closed for the year, but no one wants to make that call yet.

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Our governor said after Ap 17, but 2 days later announced the virus isn't predicted to peak here for 6-8 weeks from now. And considering that is peak, not abate, the kids won't be back before the end of the year which is May 27.
    K

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
    We were one of the first closed (Washington State), and are closed until 4/24. We have remote conferences next week and will learn more. Distance learning is not an option for us, our district is far too poor. I expect we are closed for the year, but no one wants to make that call yet.
    Our state is also a poor state and I saw an article about how our PBS channel will be converting it's morning programming to educational programming to serve these poorer districts.
    K

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

April 7 .... is the official date. I'm hopeful but not optimistic that that date will stick
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post

How many weeks have you been closed? I wasn't aware when states started closing schools until it got close to us.

Michigan is out until April 6 at this point. I don't know anyone who thinks we will go back then. Our last day should be June 5.
    Kris

petesgirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We are officially out until April 6th, but I'm 99% certain that we won't be going back at all either. School ends the first week of June here, and the peak of the virus is predicted to be mid-april so there really wouldn't be much time to go back for.
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

As of today, we’re now out until May 1st.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    DS, Summer '07

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." ~Jack Layton

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast