Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Anxiety

Myira is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Anxiety

I just got to know that a young mom in the neighboring county caught covid19 and is now on ventilator. I’m so disturbed by this that I cannot focus on anything.

I know I need to stop, and am driving myself crazy playing all kinds of worst case scenarios in my mind about DH and/or I getting it. I also feel guilty knowing that a dear friend and her husband both doctors are on the frontline compared with us. I’m also a hypochondriac and have been imagining symptoms which I’m convinced are phantom at this point. Adding to this is the fact that my parents are in another country and I cannot even visit if something bad were to happen. Nothing has happened thus far.
    Anyone feeling like this? Looking for commiseration and words of wisdom!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    Last edited by Myira; 03-23-2020 at 11:23 AM.
    DD 10/2008
    DS 09/2011

Yes. Waiting on the test results for my husband. He meets the same criteria as people who are dying from this.

Read yesterday about a 12yo girl who is on a ventilator from this, so not only am I worrying about my husband but trying to keep the kids from getting it is driving me crazy. I’m in a bad place right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Elle

DS1: 10/08 (the “tenager”)
    DS2: 07/18 (the wild one)

Globetrotter is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

These are all very real fears that most of us have. I’m trying really hard to focus on what I can control, which is our own behavior. I have a lot of anxiety about my mom as she is living with my brother’s family helping with the kid, and they work in health care, though not on the front lines. this is the best option for her as she has suffered from severe anxiety and depression before. We cannot afford to get back into that by isolating her in her own house.. she is happy and fulfilled there And physically relatively OK and on the younger side.
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

Myira is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Reyadawnbringer View Post
    Yes. Waiting on the test results for my husband. He meets the same criteria as people who are dying from this.

Read yesterday about a 12yo girl who is on a ventilator from this, so not only am I worrying about my husband but trying to keep the kids from getting it is driving me crazy. I’m in a bad place right now.

I have your family in my thoughts and prayers. I’m glad to hear your DH was able to get tested.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    DD 10/2008
    DS 09/2011

Globetrotter is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I hope you get the results soon and that it’s negative.
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Big hugs to everyone. I'm not really at all an anxious or germaphobic sort of person and I'm still a bit on edge. I swear I woke up sore this morning and thought I was getting sick. And then had to remind myself that I really pushed it on my workout yesterday and I've been playing a lot of box hockey with my 9 year old (which is hard for a tall person ).
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Back in 2009 a pregnant mom who loved about 30 miles from me died of swine flu. It was crazy but I just went and got my swine flu vax (it was the first flu vax I had every go) and I just went on trying to be positive about the whole thing and staying healthy. I don’t recall anyone else who was pregnant in my area dying and so I just felt very thankful I survived. You never know what underlying issues caused the person to need a respirator or in the swine flu case to die.

Hugs to you.

Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'm on edge too. I had to back away from any news sources, and only allow myself once a day to read news. I try to remind myself that they're sharing the really bad stories, and that there are people out there who get it and don't have to go to the hospital. We're doing what we can to stay healthy and aren't going anywhere other than to get groceries.

PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I'm also really having a hard time. DH and I are both "essential" and having to be at work full time while our kids are home alone. We are not "front line", not medical. But there is a huge amount of stress just in having to go into my office each day, wondering what I'm being exposed to. Many of my coworkers were deemed important enough to have laptops and are now working from home, but those of us who don't have them are stuck going in OR using personal time off accrued to stay home. My DS2 has a 504 plan at school, and he is home with DS1, expected to be doing all this online learning with no parent at home and he gets really frustrated and distracted so I'm having to put aside my stress to be patient and work with him to try to get it done. I've cried every day for the last week. I declared last Saturday was a mental health day- I did nothing beyyond getting everyoen fed and rallying the family to go on a bike ride. No housework, no pushing DS2 on school work, no laundry... But mid-day yesterday, the anxiety started creeping back in. My hands were shaking, I felt exhausted, Iwas impatient with my family. It took everything Ihad to get out of bed and drag myself into work this morning. I'm setting up a meeting with my team today to set up a schedule- Ineed to start taking time off for my sanity and for my kids. Despite not having an end in sight, this current condition is not sustainable and Iwill not be good for anyone if I get sick.

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

Huge hugs to you. Praying for your husband that the results come back negative.

I am terrified. DH has underlying health conditions. I truly don't know if he would make it if he were to catch the virus. One of my dear friends - her cousin caught it and seemed to be on the mend, but last I heard a couple days ago, he suddenly took a turn for the worse and was in critical condition. I still don't know his status. He is in his 30s and otherwise in good health.

The images of people frolicking on the beach and traffic jams on the road to Malibu just make my blood boil.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast