elbenn is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Take off your shoes!

I just mopped the floors. DH came in from work through the door to the kitchen and walked with his shoes through the house. I pointed out that yesterday I asked him to take his shoes off before he comes in. He says that it is highly unlikely that the coronavirus would be on shoes. I pointed out that I always prefer shoes not be worn inside which is true as I never wear mine inside. So while I always take my shoes off, he is always adamant that he doesn’t want to take his shoes off before he comes in the house. I usually don’t argue with him about him wearing them inside because he goes right from garage to bedroom (but through the kitchen!) and puts on slippers. However, with the coronavirus, I told him to start taking them off outside. He is super irritated that I want him to take his shoes off and thinks it is silly. I am super irritated that he ignored my request to take off his shoes.

So while this is a vent, any arguments that I am right would be welcome

ArizonaGirl is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Just remind him that he wears those shoes in public restrooms.
    Lindsey

Married to DH June 2005 gave birth to Shawn December 2008 and Lilian August 2012

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaGirl View Post
    Just remind him that he wears those shoes in public restrooms.
    And put him on daily mopping duty. That should take care of it.

elbenn is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I did point out that those shoes are worn in public restrooms and I was the one that mopped (again) since he didn't think it was a big deal. Sigh. I'm not as irritated anymore but would definitely prefer the shoes be removed before coming in the house.

Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Does he like wearing the shoes, or doesn't want to bother to change? MY DH is diabetic, and prefers to wear shoes because he gets feet problems when he goes barefoot or just slippers. He has bought his same shoes in a different color to wear in the house, and changes from his black shoes to his blue shoes when he comes inside.

If nothing else, your DH should take off his shoes because you live together, and it's a small thing to ask!

ckso is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

In our household, we take off our shoes by the front door.

Can you put his slippers by the front door so he can change into them right away instead of walking into the house to change into them?

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

If his feet feel, "naked" indoors, designate a new pair of clean shoes or slippers/sandals for indoor use only (I do this, bc the HW floor is hard on bare feet). We have always been a shoe-free household, bc DH and I are both of east asian descent, so it is cultural. Plus, we both work in healthcare, and don't like dragging junk home, plus it's just nasty out there in general.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs