Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Myira is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Analysis regarding masks

Quote Originally Posted by pinkmomagain View Post
    I just watched an excellent video by a NYC doctor. Masks are very good to remind you not to touch your face and he recommended wearing them when you go to the grocery store for that purpose. He even said that a bandana or homemade mask would be good for this.

ETA video link: https://vimeo.com/399733860?ref=fb-share
    Thanks for sharing this video. I shared the above video with my sister and she watched it and said it was very informative. The gist of it as she told me- the NY doc in the video is saying that the most common way of getting c19 is via droplets where you are around the infected person for atleast 15 mins and/or contact with an infected surface. Even if that happens and you soil your hands, you cannot get it unless you touch your face.

So again, covering your face with a homemade mask or just a bandanna, can help 2 ways. It can prevent your droplets from spreading to others and also important it prevents you from touching your face. That’s it, if you just absolutely never ever touch your face your chances of catching this drop significantly.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    DD 10/2008
    DS 09/2011

Quote Originally Posted by California View Post
    I bought the last two the seller had in stock, and she’s switched over to a dish towel t-shirt combo. Dish towel fabric is supposed to be a good filter but not as comfortable to wear. If we like the t-shirt masks I’ll let you know, and maybe we can convince the seller to make more!

California, who was your seller? There’s so many to choose from. Or has anyone else bought from someone on Etsy that you would recommend?
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by carolinacool View Post
    California, who was your seller? There’s so many to choose from. Or has anyone else bought from someone on Etsy that you would recommend?
    Both shops I ordered from this morning are sold out. I will update with shop names once I receive my masks in case they get more stock.

elbenn is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Here's an easy DIY tutorial for making a face mask out of a bandanna. I haven't tried it but seems like it would be better than not having any sort of face mask.

https://www.facebook.com/10000796410...g0OTM3Mjc5ODI/

ang79 is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by elbenn View Post
    Here's an easy DIY tutorial for making a face mask out of a bandanna. I haven't tried it but seems like it would be better than not having any sort of face mask.

https://www.facebook.com/10000796410...g0OTM3Mjc5ODI/
    Thanks! We have a bunch of bandanas from Girl Scouts around here and plenty of hair ties! Easy to make and easy to wash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by carolinacool View Post
    I bought face masks from Sweaty Bands last week. https://www.sweatybands.com/
    I hope they fit well.

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by pakin View Post
    I bought face masks from Sweaty Bands last week. https://www.sweatybands.com/
    I hope they fit well.
    I ordered a few from there as well.

acmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Has anyone purchased a specific mask online they really like? I'm looking to purchase some for our family. I think our older kids could use standard size, but guessing I will need a child size for my preschooler.

PZMommy and pakin, did the sweaty bands masks arrive? How were they?

Quote Originally Posted by acmom View Post
    Has anyone purchased a specific mask online they really like? I'm looking to purchase some for our family. I think our older kids could use standard size, but guessing I will need a child size for my preschooler.

The masks from Sweaty bands arrived last week. I wore one for a grocery shopping trip. I've never worn a face mask before so it was a little weird at first. Anyway it was quite comfortable and I didn't have to adjust it at all. I wish the masks have pockets for filters though.

Hope that helps.

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by acmom View Post

I got mine last week. It took about a week from when I ordered to when it arrived. Once it shipped it got from Ohio to Los Angeles really fast, but it took about 5 days for it to ship. I like mine. It is a silkier material, but it was comfortable to wear. My husband said his feels too tight, but I think it fits fine. Now they make an extra large size, so it you are ordering for a larger male, I'd go with the extra large size.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast