Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thanks for commiserating with me. I think it’s ok to feel sad and grateful at ghetto same time
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

California is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Just when you need a backpacking trip most, right? Freedom, fun, being carefree- think we're all fantasizing about that right now. So sorry you had to cancel on something that is so good for your mental health.

And 2020 has such a nice ring to it! Definitely not the year I envisioned.

So sorry for all the big and little trips being canceled. I'm disappointed our June trip isn't going to happen. I feel under the gun to get these trips in now that my oldest is in high school. We don't have that much time left together..... which was my whine before three weeks ago. I wasn't seeing him, so guess I'll enjoy our time together now.

I mourned most of March, April and May in one big pity party a few weeks ago. Now I'm riding the waves of my 10 year old. She's feeling everything as she realizes a new thing that isn't happen about every day.

ahisma is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I totally get it. I was headed to CA in mid-March to backpack. We were headed into SFO and obviously had to cancel. We were supposed to be in Barcelona right now. And in August we're booked for 18 days in the UK - likely cancelled.

The combo is really tough. We live in a small house and are all packed in like sardines. It works, and has for years. because we get OUT. Not so much for stay at home for months on end. Even a weekend backpack trip would save me, but it's very much not in the cards. And I feel ridiculous whining because we are both able to work safely from home and are still paid.

scrooks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We have been talking about going to Hawaii for years and finally pulled the trigger for this summer : ( I give us a 25% chance of being able to go at this point. I get the dissapointment.
    DD 7/07
    DS1 9/09
    DS2 7/13

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

All these things make me sad. I think it is healthy to be able to mourn the stuff we're missing out on. I read each of these and I just hurt collectively for you all. And to think that this is multiplied by nearly every world citizen. It is a lot of collective loss, not even taking into account the truly big stuff--lost jobs, lost loved ones, lost lives. I know we'd all prefer to miss out on these things we look forward to than to lose our lives or our family but it is still hard. I think of my sister who is single and suffers from depression and I don't even think that her losses are small deals at all. Like the OP, she relies on trips to keep her mentally healthy. Sending prayers to everyone here.

liz is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

OP, I totally relate. We had to cancel an upcoming trip, and a few other trips we have planned are in limbo. Our family trips are a big recharge and boost for me. I treasure the time away with my family and the memories we make. First world problems for sure, but it's okay to be sad. Big hugs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2